+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Additional Financial Information?

Tiffany_J

Jul 16, 2024
I was asked to provide additional "Documentary evidence of any additional financial resources, scholarships,
loans etc." and given a week to complete this by. Is this a bad sign?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I was asked to provide additional "Documentary evidence of any additional financial resources, scholarships,
loans etc." and given a week to complete this by. Is this a bad sign?
All you have to do is provide those requested additional information.

Tiffany_J

Jul 16, 2024
I don’t have any scholarships or loans atm. My father provided all financial proof in the initial application which was well over $20,000 CAD, my residence was fully paid and all that is left is the remaining half of my tuition. I have 2 family members who will be supporting me financially; Would a letter from them be sufficient “additional financial proof”? And are their bank statements required to be submitted along with said letter?

Tiffany_J

Jul 16, 2024
All you have to do is provide those requested additional information.
I don’t have any scholarships or loans atm. My father provided all financial proof in the initial application which was well over $20,000 CAD, my residence was fully paid and all that is left is the remaining half of my tuition. I have 2 family members who will be supporting me financially; Would a letter from them be sufficient “additional financial proof”? And are their bank statements required to be submitted along with said letter?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I think they want to assess whether you have additional proof of fund to continue processing your application. if you dont have any of those requested, then there is nothing to submit. Why do you want to use family members as additional financial proof? are you under 22yrs old and this is your first degree? what is your relationship with those family members?

Tiffany_J

Jul 16, 2024
I think they want to assess whether you have additional proof of fund to continue processing your application. if you dont have any of those requested, then there is nothing to submit. Why do you want to use family members as additional financial proof? are you under 22yrs old and this is your first degree? what is your relationship with those family members?
Ah, I thought it was a must that I find the additional funds they requested. Yes, I turned 20 this year, this will be my first degree and the family members are my uncle (father’s brother) and my cousin.

In addition, these were also requested (which is no problem and will be submitted)
1) “Proof of ownership of business, *NAME* ie. Certificate of Registration.”
2 “Proof that the business funds are accessible and available to cover all your
expenses.”