+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Iraqi Police Certificate – how to obtain within Canada?

dimulka

Jul 4, 2014
(Getting ahead of myself, I have red cic web site about closest Embassy)

Hi!
I live in Canada and I try to obtain PR by CEC program. I am not a resident of Iraq but I worked there a few years ago. Actually, I worked for foreign (non-Iraqi) company there by shifts. We worked in desert far from cities in special area. That company has done that project and does not exist anymore.
I have red info from cic web-site that I have to go to Iraqi Embassy in Ottawa. I was there two days ago and they told me that they could only stamp my power of attorney. That letter I can use for asking somebody in Iraqi (with Iraqi residence) who will go to police and request that Police Certificate.
Unfortunately, I have no idea how to find somebody in Iraq for such deal (I even did not visit any Iraqi city). My situation is difficult; I have spent last 5 year for accumulating points for Express Entry (experience, IELTS, money and others) and in next 7 months my Work Permit will be expired that means only 1 months I have for this paper.

Finally, I have two questions:
1. Did somebody do Iraqi Police Certificate (being non-Iraqi resident) within Canada, if yes tell me how?
2. Is it possible (or does it make sense?) to explain immigration officer that Iraqi Embassy in Canada cannot help?

Thank you for your advice!

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
dimulka said:
(Getting ahead of myself, I have red cic web site about closest Embassy)

Hi!
I live in Canada and I try to obtain PR by CEC program. I am not a resident of Iraq but I worked there a few years ago. Actually, I worked for foreign (non-Iraqi) company there by shifts. We worked in desert far from cities in special area. That company has done that project and does not exist anymore.
I have red info from cic web-site that I have to go to Iraqi Embassy in Ottawa. I was there two days ago and they told me that they could only stamp my power of attorney. That letter I can use for asking somebody in Iraqi (with Iraqi residence) who will go to police and request that Police Certificate.
Unfortunately, I have no idea how to find somebody in Iraq for such deal (I even did not visit any Iraqi city). My situation is difficult; I have spent last 5 year for accumulating points for Express Entry (experience, IELTS, money and others) and in next 7 months my Work Permit will be expired that means only 1 months I have for this paper.

1. Did somebody do Iraqi Police Certificate (being non-Iraqi resident) within Canada, if yes tell me how?
2. Is it possible (or does it make sense?) to explain immigration officer that Iraqi Embassy in Canada cannot help?

Thank you for your advice!
Wow, that is a tough situation. So just wanted to confirm as I am sure you would have read up on this already - were you there for 6 consecutive months? Because if you were in any country for 6 consecutive months or over and you were over the age of 18, only then you need to apply for a PCC.

Hopefully someone here might be able to help but if not, might be worthwhile to consult an immigration lawyer. Please note, I said "lawyer" and not a "consultant". If you are spending money for this, you might as well spend a little more and get someone really good to consult with. That way at least you know you are getting sound advice.

All the best!

dimulka

Jul 4, 2014
pkssandhu said:
for 6 consecutive months?
Hi! Thank you for your response!
Concerning 6 months, I read this web-page: cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp
and they write:
if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.
In other words, all visits are summarized. However, I have never been in Iraq more that 2 months consequently (but in total it is more than 6 months).

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
dimulka said:
Hi! Thank you for your response!
Concerning 6 months, I read this web-page: cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp
and they write:
In other words, all visits are summarized. However, I have never been in Iraq more that 2 months consequently (but in total it is more than 6 months).
Yea, you might have to get the PCC then. It seems there no amount of time between visits that voids that. I would still suggest that if no one gets back to you here, consult a good lawyer.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
dimulka said:

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to find somebody in Iraq for such deal (I even did not visit any Iraqi city).

Some embassies provide lists of lawyers/legal services in their host country. Here's a link from the British Embassy in Baghdad:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/458172/Iraq_List_of_Lawyers_and_Translators_2015.pdf

2 - There is a difference between "cannot help" (telling you they don't know how you can get the PCC) and providing you with the documents you need to apply for the police clearance. So your claim might not be credible. You need to find an agent in Baghdad.

If someone in Baghdad then tells you it is impossible for a non-resident, non-citizen to get the PCC from abroad, then that is another matter. But you have to follow the procedure and make a good faith effort to get the PCC before you can claim that it is "not possible."