+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS change of name proof (Pakistan)

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
I am in Pakistan and I am applying to IQAS for assessment of my wife's degrees.

The issue is that her name is different on degrees and on passport as she changed her surname after marriage.

IQAS asks for a proof of name change.

Can someone guide what can be an appropriate proof?

IQAS gives marriage certificate as example but the marriage certificate lists the old name only. The name was changed after that. So I think it will not suffice?

If she provides a notorized affidavit, will it suffice or not?

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
I am in Pakistan and I am applying to IQAS for assessment of my wife's degrees.

The issue is that her name is different on degrees and on passport as she changed her surname after marriage.

IQAS asks for a proof of name change.

Can someone guide what can be an appropriate proof?

IQAS gives marriage certificate as example but the marriage certificate lists the old name only. The name was changed after that. So I think it will not suffice?

If she provides a notorized affidavit, will it suffice or not?
Does she not have a copy of old passport with the old name? Documents showing both names are hers with an affidavit would be good. An alternative would be the university she graduated from, if possible, can issue her a letter stating that both names belong to her and that the name mentioned on her degree is the same person ( i got such letter from my university due to spelling difference between uni records and passport).
Good luck

pmas

Jan 3, 2018
IQAS academic request form shows both present name and previous name section.
Due to my name change after married. May i write my name in previous name which is mention in my degree ??
But my universiy doesnot endorse this and said me that i should write only that name which is mention in my degree which is my old name

What should i do

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
IQAS academic request form shows both present name and previous name section.
Due to my name change after married. May i write my name in previous name which is mention in my degree ??
But my universiy doesnot endorse this and said me that i should write only that name which is mention in my degree which is my old name

What should i do
Well my wife mentioned previous name and current surname on form and then attached a proof of name change. We havent received result from IQAS so do not know if that is acceptable to them.

You should convince your university by showing them the same proof that you will send to the IQAS that you have changed your name.