+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inviting Parents to visit for my convocation

Techlectic

Jul 26, 2021
Hi Everyone !

First of all thanks in advance for whoever comes up to guide me through !

I want to invite parents to visit me for my convocation. I also have an elder brother (PR) with in Canada. I wanted to know what documents would be required on our side to help our parents with their file. So far the agents we have contacted tell us that both of us even need to send our status documents ? Is this the case? Also what documents and financial proof would be best for the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone !

First of all thanks in advance for whoever comes up to guide me through !

I want to invite parents to visit me for my convocation. I also have an elder brother (PR) with in Canada. I wanted to know what documents would be required on our side to help our parents with their file. So far the agents we have contacted tell us that both of us even need to send our status documents ? Is this the case? Also what documents and financial proof would be best for the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated !
Apply yourself. You don’t need to pay a consultant. Your parents should include proof of any financial accountants and proof of any property and assessed value. Your brother can include proof of his savings, investments, property ownership and NOA although for a TRV your parents assets, ties to their home country and previous international travel to countries like the US, Australia, UK, etc. are the most important.

Techlectic

Jul 26, 2021
Apply yourself. You don’t need to pay a consultant. Your parents should include proof of any financial accountants and proof of any property and assessed value. Your brother can include proof of his savings, investments, property ownership and NOA although for a TRV your parents assets, ties to their home country and previous international travel to countries like the US, Australia, UK, etc. are the most important.
Do we both need to provide our passports + canada status documents to our parents. I looked into many university guidea on inviting parents and they mention as someone inviting family member, one should provide passport + status document. Now In our case I am inviting for convocation not my brother. What should be done in that case?