+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation to Apply

TravisK

Aug 24, 2016
Hi all!

So I previously submitted an application for spousal sponsorship, though I have not recieved AOR1 for that application yet. Two days ago I submitted my EE profile and signed on with Job Bank/Job Match. Today I recieved an Invitation to Apply.

So, I have a few questions:

1) Once I receive notice from CIC about my Spousal Sponsorship, should I take action to notify them of my invitation to apply for Express Entry? I am currently living in Canada (BC) with my Canadian Permanent Resident wife, but applied Outland as everything I've seen said that for US citizens it's a no-brainer.

2) I am currently employed by a company that has offices in the US and Canada. I am employed by the US branch. However, I am very close with the Canadian managers, and am sure that I can obtain a job offer in the coming months.
I should note that I am currently working in canada under a work permit from my current employer. However this work permit (and the position itself) will expire in March of 2017. The job offer I would receive would be offering me a full time position in the Canadian office. Right now I am a full time employee for the US office on assignment in Canada.

Here's my question though, if I get this job offer, the work would require me to start in December, likely before all this is processed. Would I be able to accept this job offer and work under an assumed status while my application is being processed? I should note that my profession is exempt under NAFTA from requiring LMIA.

Thanks much!

PS, what is the current actual average processing time for EE applicants?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
TravisK said:
1) Once I receive notice from CIC about my Spousal Sponsorship, should I take action to notify them of my invitation to apply for Express Entry?

2) Here's my question though, if I get this job offer, the work would require me to start in December, likely before all this is processed. Would I be able to accept this job offer and work under an assumed status while my application is being processed? I should note that my profession is exempt under NAFTA from requiring LMIA.

PS, what is the current actual average processing time for EE applicants?
Hi

1. No, you don't need to inform IRCC about the ITA.

2. Until you receive either an open work permit or a new closed work permit, you cannot start the new position.

As your position falls under NAFTA, you should be able to just flagpole with the job offer from the Canadian office to get a new closed work permit. This will allow you to start the new job while waiting for your sponsorship app to be approved. I wouldn't even bother submitting an EE app.