+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation Letter

Bizzub40

Aug 25, 2018
Hello,

Does anyone have an invitation letter template? I would like to use a template to draft an invitation letter for my father to visit me in Canada. Any form of assistance, suggestions, tips, will be much appreciated.

Thank you

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Just write it directly to the officer. Put your info (including address) and maybe even say he'll stay with you. Also put yourself on the hook by saying you're responsible for his money (essentially give them your info coz they feel they can prosecute you if he overstays -- think medieval vouching).

I've read here that they should be finanically independent from you, though every time I invited family I said I'll be responsible for fees (and sent my bank statements to them to attach wit hthe application). Make sure they show their own (healthy) bank statements though.

Reactions: sherrysn

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Just write it directly to the officer. Put your info (including address) and maybe even say he'll stay with you. Also put yourself on the hook by saying you're responsible for his money (essentially give them your info coz they feel they can prosecute you if he overstays -- think medieval vouching).

I've read here that they should be finanically independent from you, though every time I invited family I said I'll be responsible for fees (and sent my bank statements to them to attach wit hthe application). Make sure they show their own (healthy) bank statements though.
You cannot be made personally responsible for them unless you are sponsoring them in a PR application. A letter of invitation cannot make you do that.