+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation letter from Student whose study permit is expiring

debbierao

May 30, 2018
I plan to visit my brother in Canada in August 2018 and stay with him till mid September.
He just finished his course and his study permit expires in July. He's working on small projects as a freelancer and will only get a work permit when his visa expires in July, by which time it's too late for me to apply.

1. Should he still send me an invitation letter?

2. I also have a friend in Canada who is a permanent resident. Should i ask my friend to send me an invitation letter and say im staying with her? Wouldn't that be suspicious given that my brother is staying in the same city as her?

I plan on travelling from Canada to New Jersey to visit my aunt there and have a valid American visa.

3. Do i need to book tickets before applying for the visa? If not, then what do show as Purpose of travel?
The document submission guide says to provide either flight ticket departing Canada, hotel booking (not applicable) or proof of medical appointment

If anyone could help me out with the above, i would be eternally grateful

canadahelpme

Jan 30, 2019
I plan to visit my brother in Canada in August 2018 and stay with him till mid September.
He just finished his course and his study permit expires in July. He's working on small projects as a freelancer and will only get a work permit when his visa expires in July, by which time it's too late for me to apply.

1. Should he still send me an invitation letter?

2. I also have a friend in Canada who is a permanent resident. Should i ask my friend to send me an invitation letter and say im staying with her? Wouldn't that be suspicious given that my brother is staying in the same city as her?

I plan on travelling from Canada to New Jersey to visit my aunt there and have a valid American visa.

3. Do i need to book tickets before applying for the visa? If not, then what do show as Purpose of travel?
The document submission guide says to provide either flight ticket departing Canada, hotel booking (not applicable) or proof of medical appointment

If anyone could help me out with the above, i would be eternally grateful

Hi did you get the visa. I am in a similar position.