+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation letter for visitor visa

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
Hi, I am Canadian Citizen. I want to help my friend get a visitor visa to Canada. They need an invitation letter. I am happy to make the letter. However, I don't want to include copy of my Passport/Citizen Card under any circumstance (proof of my status). What can I do to work around or resolve that issue ?

2. Should the letter be typed or hand written?

3. do i need to notarize the letter ?

Please advise. Thank you

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, I am Canadian Citizen. I want to help my friend get a visitor visa to Canada. They need an invitation letter. I am happy to make the letter. However, I don't want to include copy of my Passport/Citizen Card under any circumstance (proof of my status). What can I do to work around or resolve that issue ?

Please advise. Thank you
Are your friends visiting you? If not, do not provide a fake letter.
1. I don't think copy of passport/citizenship card is needed.
2. Doesn't matter
3. No

BTW an invitation letter isn't the most important part of a visitor visa application.
Why do your friends want to come to Canada? Do they actually want to visit you? If not, are they just trying to be tourist? (Then they don't need a letter from you).

Reactions: bellaluna

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014

Please advise. Thank you
Are you willing to provide your employment letter or a copy of your lease/residential property?

but yeah, as earlier stated, an invitation letter will barely swing in an applicant’s favor if their own profile is not strong enough.