+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

interview &passport &original marriage certificate

attractive

Dec 19, 2008
hi.....they sent an email ( cairo office)that interview i will be scheduled shortly and They asked for passport and the original marriage certificate

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
OK, so what's your question?

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Hey Robsluv,

I am sure you will help him alot. I will explain his situation more. He got this email from the cairo office asking him to bring with him a passport and an original marriage certificate to the Interview which they will scheduel shortly. It is his first marriage and his wife's second. So in my opinion, they are suspecting that their marriage is not genuine.

He is asking what does it mean that they asked for his passport and also the original marriage certificate? Is it a good sign?

I hope u can help him more than I do! :)

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
Sounds like they are looking at the marriage and want to see the original certificate.

Since they don't know him except from the paperwork of course he has to bring his passport as his ID.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think the fact that they are asking for the marriage certificate means that they suspect the marriage is not genuine. They just want to see the original. Nothing suspicious about that if you ask me. Just make sure that you friend and his wife are well-prepared for the interview.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
One of the people I know from another forum got asked for the same request and then got a refusal coz he wasn't really ready for the interview. They asked for more stuff to prove the relationship but the problem is that he didn't have any at his hand at this time.

My advice is to do the following,

Read the applicaiton over and over and over.

Know as much abour your wife as possiable! Where did she graduate, etc. I heard an officer at the airport asking these questions, address of ur wife. What province she is living in, dates, etc.

Also try to print screen shots of ur video camera's connversation.

Get the MP to call and give u more info on why they are asking for interview.

order your caipes notes

My sister just had an interview on Monday and the interviewer told them that she will interview each one of them alone but because they showed more evidance (letters from dad, letter from the doctor that she is using birth control bills, letters from all the family, more photos, etc) so the IO told them that she is convinced and will not interview them anymore.

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
I don't think the fact that they are asking for the marriage certificate means that they suspect the marriage is not genuine. They just want to see the original. Nothing suspicious about that if you ask me. Just make sure that you friend and his wife are well-prepared for the interview.
If he is being asked for an interview then it is not an open and shut case in their eyes. To think they JUST want to see the original is just being naieve. They either suspect the marriage is not genuine or even that the copy of the marriage certificate is a fake. Either way get prepared because this a chance to give more proof and not get deemed ineligible.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Exactly frolic!

To think that things are ok is just lack of experiance with immigration. I seriously think that an interview is a chance to provide more proof and what more proof than documents, more photos, etc.

I think if you have something to show them, you will have more confidance. Do the work before it is too late. It cost so much to appeal and then you will be forced to submit new evidance and pay the laywer 3500+ for their costs.

Fairouz

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
frolic said:
If he is being asked for an interview then it is not an open and shut case in their eyes. To think they JUST want to see the original is just being naieve. They either suspect the marriage is not genuine or even that the copy of the marriage certificate is a fake. Either way get prepared because this a chance to give more proof and not get deemed ineligible.
I never suggested it was an open and shut case. Obviously if he's having an interview, they have some questions about the validity of the marriage. That goes without saying. I just don't think the fact that they are asking for the marriage certificate as well is necessarily indicative of anything. Anyway, I was just stating my opinion. You're likewise entitled to yours. No need for you to be rude and call me naive.

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
Yes that is it...they asked for the original marriage certificate for no reason at all. Just wanted to see it. Many of them are very nicely done and are almost artistic even...I highly recommend them! A mere copy doesn't capture the beauty of it.

Yeah....right.

It is a request from the people who are deciding your future life and should be taken completely seriously and not brushed off as "nothing suspicious". Even you yourself said get "well-prepared for the interview" so you understand the seriousness of the matter. Thinking anything less is just asking for trouble.

attractive

Dec 19, 2008
hi,,,Congratulations to me -
i did the interview last Wednesday and was interview a very good
asked me about birth date of my wife and the history of marriage and asked me some of the names of her family and At the end of the interview took , my passport...... They said that we will contact you.
You are here only for worry and the fear

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Attractive,
That is very good news! Congratulations!! I hope that you will have your visa soon!

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
good that ur interview went well. Offcourse you have to be prepared for it. U never know what is the outcome. Did the officer tell u that u will get the visa?

Offcourse many people are worried coz it is their future. It doesn't mean that it went easy for u that it goes easy for others. Your fate is in the hands of immigraiton officer's hands. So fear actually is something good coz if u fear failure in the interview u will prepare more. I am sure u had fears urself coz u asked the same question million times so I am sure u were affraid too.