+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Internship Experience - any way of using that to get points under EE

Alimoh

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
I have 16 months of continuous full time work experience, under a university internship program. But I was not a full time student, only part time during my work term.

Any sevtion under the EE scoring system where I might be able to get points.

I also have 1 year work experience post on PGWP.

Thanks for your responses in advance!!

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
In CEC....they don't count internship as an experience....Internship experience would be countable for some of the provincial nomination program...

Alimoh

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Under CEC, You Canadian work experience also has to be within the last 3 years, yet the Candian experience section under CRS has points for up to 5 years.

My question is , does that mean you need one year of work experience that meets the CEC requiements and the rest of the work experince still counts counts under the EE scoring system...??? SEE!!

kvn

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Alimoh said:
Under CEC, You Canadian work experience also has to be within the last 3 years, yet the Candian experience section under CRS has points for up to 5 years.

My question is , does that mean you need one year of work experience that meets the CEC requiements and the rest of the work experince still counts counts under the EE scoring system...??? SEE!!
Yes that maybe true but it's also specifically mentioned that any work experience obtained during study permit doesn't count.