+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International students on PGWP applying under Express entry, lets communicate !

Maherd

Oct 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I am recent graduate from an college in Ontario. I am currently not eligible under express entry to apply since I haven't got 1 year work experience to qualify under CEC for express entry. Based on the assumption that the CRS and express entry remains the same for the next 1 year, I am hopeful to get 432 points. As per CIC, neither are we eligible to get additional 600 points for a job offer unless supported by an LMIA. So what are you guys planning and has someone considered PNP as an option (specifically BC PNP or AINP). Please share your views/plans/concerns here.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have a PGWP and you work for a company that doesn't offer LMIA (like me...which wasn't an issue before they changed the rules) then PNP is your only option. Unfortunately, my company said they also won't sign the NSNP 200 form so I'll basically create my application for express entry when I reach my 1 year work experience and hope for the best. But to answer your question, most graduates would probably go the PNP route.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
riddymon said:
If you have a PGWP and you work for a company that doesn't offer LMIA (like me...which wasn't an issue before they changed the rules) then PNP is your only option. Unfortunately, my company said they also won't sign the NSNP 200 form so I'll basically create my application for express entry when I reach my 1 year work experience and hope for the best. But to answer your question, most graduates would probably go the PNP route.
Y did you needed nsnp 200?

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In Nova Scotia, international grads can apply under the skilled worker stream for provincial nomination which requires that document. Apparently, immigration nova scotia also said it's now a required document when submitting your PNP as part of your express entry profile ::)

A friend of mine received his nomination before January even though he didn't complete the document (they told him he didn't have to do it, they'd just get the information they need). Once express entry kicked in, they contacted him again and said that he needs to complete it even though he's already been approved but luckily he's moving onto a new job which said that they'd complete it.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
riddymon said:
In Nova Scotia, international grads can apply under the skilled worker stream for provincial nomination which requires that document. Apparently, immigration nova scotia also said it's now a required document when submitting your PNP as part of your express entry profile ::)

A friend of mine received his nomination before January even though he didn't complete the document (they told him he didn't have to do it, they'd just get the information they need). Once express entry kicked in, they contacted him again and said that he needs to complete it even though he's already been approved but luckily he's moving onto a new job which said that they'd complete it.
If you have a job from NS employer ohk...I have also applied for this but i dont have any job in NS so far

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, at this point I'm just going to enter the express entry pool when I get my year experience at my current company in March and worry about PNP after that. At least I'll be in the pool with (I'm guessing) around 450 points..*shrug*.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
riddymon said:
Yeah, at this point I'm just going to enter the express entry pool when I get my year experience at my current company in March and worry about PNP after that. At least I'll be in the pool with (I'm guessing) around 450 points..*shrug*.
how much points u have right now?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Similar situation here. 412 points, with a job, no LMIA. I will become eligible in ~2 weeks

I do agree PNP is probably the only exit for students at the moment because even your employer is willing to re-advertise and fill up pages of forms, they are unlikely to pay you prevalent wage, which gets you a -ve anyway.

The problem for me is SINP (Sask.) requires 2 years of work experiences under category of outside-SK students. (6 months for SK grads) I'm looking towards international worker/EE stream and hopefully get selected for that. (I don't see LMIA being mentioned in SINP applications guide?)

Anyone else in SK here?

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
mf4361 said:
Similar situation here. 412 points, with a job, no LMIA. I will become eligible in ~2 weeks

I do agree PNP is probably the only exit for students at the moment because even your employer is willing to re-advertise and fill up pages of forms, they are unlikely to pay you prevalent wage, which gets you a -ve anyway.

The problem for me is SINP (Sask.) requires 2 years of work experiences under category of outside-SK students. (6 months for SK grads) I'm looking towards international worker/EE stream and hopefully get selected for that. (I don't see LMIA being mentioned in SINP applications guide?)

Anyone else in SK here?
What you mean you will eligible in 2 weeks? u mean 1 years of canadian experience ?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
curious_123 said:
What you mean you will eligible in 2 weeks? u mean 1 years of canadian experience ?
yes, my 1 year mark comes 2 weeks later. That's the only thing prevented me to a create profile at the moment

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
mf4361 said:
yes, my 1 year mark comes 2 weeks later. That's the only thing prevented me to a create profile at the moment
you can create the profile ..dont submit it..bdw did u take any vacation?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
curious_123 said:
you can create the profile ..dont submit it..bdw did u take any vacation?
few days, all paid. As long as it's paid vacation, it should be counted towards experiences.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Maherd said:
So what are you guys planning and has someone considered PNP as an option (specifically BC PNP or AINP). Please share your views/plans/concerns here.
Have you ever considered Ontario PNP? I think under student stream, a job offer in skilled NOC (no LMIA and prevalent wage requirement) is all is needed.

I also graduated in Ontario but ended up a job in Sask so things aren't as smooth as I hoped.

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
mf4361 said:
Have you ever considered Ontario PNP? I think under student stream, a job offer in skilled NOC (no LMIA and prevalent wage requirement) is all is needed.

I also graduated in Ontario but ended up a job in Sask so things aren't as smooth as I hoped.
I applied for ontario PNP but not sure if i will get the 600 points once i have it