+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Student

Tishapatel

Aug 5, 2024
Hey guys,
I worked full-time on student visa . I have not been on any contract with my employer and it was on a verbal basis. My boss paid me well enough on E-transfer, and no taxes are cut he pay me full amount and still I am student and in my summer break. So is there any issue by working like this or can I work like this ? please somebody help me what I should do and I need to pay tax afterwards?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys,
I worked full-time on student visa . I have not been on any contract with my employer and it was on a verbal basis. My boss paid me well enough on E-transfer, and no taxes are cut he pay me full amount and still I am student and in my summer break. So is there any issue by working like this or can I work like this ? please somebody help me what I should do and I need to pay tax afterwards?
You have been working illegally if you work for cash unless you are self-employed and are filing your taxes this way and declaring all your cash income. It does not appear as though you are self-employed but correct me if I am wrong. You and your boss are committing tax fraud.