+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International student who wants to apply for FSW

nomaddd44

Oct 20, 2023
Ottawa
Category........
STUDY
Hello,

My wife and I are both international student at Canada. It is now our third year here. We recently realized that we can apply for FSW by using the work experience we have in our home country. However, we have a question about proof of funds. The total amount in our bank accounts doesn't meet the minimum requirements for FSW. Now, we both are working at multiple part time jobs and actually our total annual income is much more than the minimum requirement. We are wondering if we can use our annual income, tax slips from previous years, proof of employment or pay stubs to satisfy proof of funds requirement. I should say that we both work under study permit here so our work experience is not valid for immigration purposes.

Thank you so much for your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

My wife and I are both international student at Canada. It is now our third year here. We recently realized that we can apply for FSW by using the work experience we have in our home country. However, we have a question about proof of funds. The total amount in our bank accounts doesn't meet the minimum requirements for FSW. Now, we both are working at multiple part time jobs and actually our total annual income is much more than the minimum requirement. We are wondering if we can use our annual income, tax slips from previous years, proof of employment or pay stubs to satisfy proof of funds requirement. I should say that we both work under study permit here so our work experience is not valid for immigration purposes.

The short answer is no. You need to have a bank balance that satisfies the proof of funds. IRCC will not accept tax slips or your annual income. POF must be available funds in the form of bank account savings or similar.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

Save the money to meet minimum POF. You cannot use income and payslips. You must show your bank balance.