+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International student in the UK

grimmiorra

Jun 8, 2017
In September I will be going to England as an international student from the Caribbean.

I'd like to visit friends in Canada while I'm on break at uni in England.

Will it be easy for me to obtain this visa. Should I apply when I'm in the uk or apply here at my home country before I leave for England?

And also I will be on a scholarship that gives me a monthly stipend. Can I use this as a source of finance ?

davidb57

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
In September I will be going to England as an international student from the Caribbean.

I'd like to visit friends in Canada while I'm on break at uni in England.

Will it be easy for me to obtain this visa. Should I apply when I'm in the uk or apply here at my home country before I leave for England?

And also I will be on a scholarship that gives me a monthly stipend. Can I use this as a source of finance ?
What country in the Caribbean? and wait until you are in the UK. Your visa will be approved in 1-2 weeks if you show enrollment to the university and financial support from your sponsors. If you apply to your home country you might get denied since you don't go to school there, don't work there, etc.

grimmiorra

Jun 8, 2017
What country in the Caribbean? and wait until you are in the UK. Your visa will be approved in 1-2 weeks if you show enrollment to the university and financial support from your sponsors. If you apply to your home country you might get denied since you don't go to school there, don't work there, etc.
I'm from Trinidad.

And hmm okay.

But if I apply from here. And show acceptance letter from the uni as well as plane tickets going to England. Won't they see u have ties to England bc of uni there ?

But I understand it might make more sense to apply when I reach England and start uni. But I'm juts not sure.
I really want this visa :(

What is the possibility of me getting denied even if I show them enrollment to the uni and financial proof. ?

davidb57

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
I'm from Trinidad.

And hmm okay.

But if I apply from here. And show acceptance letter from the uni as well as plane tickets going to England. Won't they see u have ties to England bc of uni there ?

But I understand it might make more sense to apply when I reach England and start uni. But I'm juts not sure.
I really want this visa :(

What is the possibility of me getting denied even if I show them enrollment to the uni and financial proof. ?
Near to 0%. Trust me do it after you are in England. You just need to show ties, your classes, enrollment, papers from the scholarship, open a bank account in the UK and show that as well. I was in your same position a couple of years ago. I'm a student in the US, had a scholarship and my visa got approved within 2 weeks. Difference is that I had a job on campus but I don't think it made a big difference. If you apply from where you are there is a much higher chance of rejection. Establish in the UK and then apply. You need it for the break anyways and UK's estimated processing time is 10 days right now.

grimmiorra

Jun 8, 2017
Hmm Okay.

Do you have any social media where we can keep in contact ?
I'm sure I'll have a couple more questions and I'll need soemone to talk to. I'd really appreciate it bc getting this visa is really important to me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll need to show funds above and beyond your scholarship and monthly stipend. This money is to pay for your education and living expenses in the UK. You'll need to show additional personal funds to cover your vacation to Canada.