+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

international student and LmO

farhan357

Sep 19, 2013
HI,
I am in canada from last two years as an international student .My college is not in operation anymore because i m doing a program which is not a registered program, thats why their are restraining orders against my college .My question is that am i eligible to apply for lmo besides the fact that my college is a private college and my program does not commit a work permit (pgwp).kindly reply me what should i do now my study permit is also expiring in may .

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

farhan357 said:
HI,
I am in canada from last two years as an international student .My college is not in operation anymore because i m doing a program which is not a registered program, thats why their are restraining orders against my college .My question is that am i eligible to apply for lmo besides the fact that my college is a private college and my program does not commit a work permit (pgwp).kindly reply me what should i do now my study permit is also expiring in may .
You need an employer to apply for a LMO (you can't), if approved, then you can apply for a work permit.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farhan357 said:
HI,

Chances are slim for you to get Closed Work permit with the help of LMO considering your case. However, it's worth trying. Try looking for employers in the northern part of Canada and you can find an employer who can help you with LMO. Even better if you try in some small towns etc.

I was in contact with one of the students whose PGWP expired and helped him with LMO from yellow knife and it worked out for him. So give it a try.

Was just wondering, why did you pick this college and this particular program?

Bruna

Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
26-11-2015
international student and LmO

Hi,

I am an International Student working under the PGWP and my position is classified on NOC C (Logistics Associate) and my PGWP is about to expire in August 2014. I have been working for a big company which does not want to provide me financial statements. However, they are able to offer me another position under NOC B, if they do not need to provide confidential information. I found that I am able to issue another WP under a LMO for International Graduate and I was wondering which documents on the form ESDC EMP5517 I need. On page 8 of the form there is a list of documentation required and I am asking myself if the following documents are mandatory under my category:
PD7A Statement of Account for Current Source Deductions,
T2 Schedule 100 Balance Sheet
T2125 Statement of Businees

Considering that the company releases the Annual Report, I am able to find some info online?

Also, on page 8, should I pick 'Federal Skilled Worker Program Application' or 'Applications for other positions'?

I do not know how to answer the questions on the LMO form, I am pretty confused where I should answer N/A since I am holding a PGWP.

I really appreciate any help!!!

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YOU can not apply for an LMO. Only your employer can apply for the LMO.

Bruna

Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
26-11-2015
Yes, I know...

But before going and talk to them, I would like to know about the documents (are they confidential?) and which questions of the form must be answered as N/A.

Thank you,

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unless your employer puts your name down as a person to have information released to, HRSDC will not talk to you once the application is sent in. What you can do is call HRSDC and ask them how to fill the form. You don't need to tell them your name.

Bruna

Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
26-11-2015
Hello,

I have already called Canada Revenue Agency, they did not give me a proper answer. I was wondering if you guys could help me. I need to explain to my company exactly what they need to answer on the form.

Thank you,

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bruna said:
Hello,

I have already called Canada Revenue Agency, they did not give me a proper answer. I was wondering if you guys could help me. I need to explain to my company exactly what they need to answer on the form.

Thank you,
Why did you call CRA? They have nothing to do with the LMO.

Bruna

Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
26-11-2015
Hi,

I have already sent an email to noc-cnp@workingincanada.gc.ca and no answer so far. Any phone number that I could call? I dont find it on the web site.

Thank you,

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bruna said:
Hi,

I have already sent an email to noc-cnp @ workingincanada.gc.ca and no answer so far. Any phone number that I could call? I dont find it on the web site.

Thank you,
A google search for HRSDC shows that it has changed name and is now ESDC. Link below, start there. It is easy to find how to contact them. Look for "contact us"

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/lmi/index.shtml