+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE STUDNETS SEEKING EXTENDED STAY / P.R IN CANADA

vick_kenny

Jan 11, 2015
Hello,

I wish to know what my options are as I am an International Student graduate (Vancouver Island University, Nanaimo BC) who has 3 months left on my Post Graduation Work Permit.
I was told the post graduation work permit cannot be extended as it is given to International Students by default.
I live in Nanaimo and my options are limited.
What can I do to get an actual work permit or an extended stay in Canada?

Going back to Nigeria is not an option for me at all. I enjoy safety and peace of mind/ absence of war, better quality of life, opportunities for growth (job and stability), good health care system for myself and future family, access to education, freedom of worship and multiculturalism encouraged here in Canada.
I do not want to leave Canada.
My parents put in their life savings to keep my brother and I in Canada.

I believe I have a lot of knowledge, skills and experience in Accounting, Management and Customer Service which will contribute to the growth of the Canadian economy.

What can I do to get an actual work permit or an extended stay in Canada? I have 3 months left on my Post Graduation Work Permit.

Any help/ advise/ suggestions providing me with options will be greatly appreciated

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
First of all, you should be posting to the International Students section of the forum.

If you want to extend your work permit, you will need to find an employer in Canada who is willing to give you a full time job and also able to obtain an approved LMIA. Once the approved LMIA is available, you will be able to apply for a new work permit. The LMIA process typically takes several months to complete and you are already very short on time. If your employer hasn't started the process yet - start now.

You should also research Canada's immigration programs to see if you qualify to apply for PR. You can find this information here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp