+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Experience Canada visa

nicksnare

Aug 18, 2021
Hi all,

I see the IEC visa now requires you to have a valid job offer before you are accepted.

1) How difficult is it to get a job offer while living abroad?

2) I turn 31 at the end of October, which obviously is too old for IEC. If I submit my profile before then, and then subsequently obtain a job offer, am I still eligible for the IEC?

Any help is hugely appreciated, thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. Difficult right now. Rules may change as travel restrictions ease.
2. You need an invitation to apply, not just submit a profile. It most likely is locked in once you receive an invitation but you can check the website. Processing has been long for IECs.

What country are your from?

nicksnare

Aug 18, 2021
I'm from the UK! I understand you have roughly 20 days to submit all the paperwork for an IEC once picked, so am I right in thinking I would have to be invited to apply, and then somehow find a job and submit proof of that as well as all the other documents within 20 days?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm from the UK! I understand you have roughly 20 days to submit all the paperwork for an IEC once picked, so am I right in thinking I would have to be invited to apply, and then somehow find a job and submit proof of that as well as all the other documents within 20 days?
No. You can get the permit and then find the job. Also your chances are low to get an invitation in the next few rounds, as quotas vs people in the pool from the UK are almost maxed out.

Rounds of invitations – International Experience Canada (cic.gc.ca)