+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Experience Canada Re-Applying Process

Andy91

Jun 21, 2017
Hi all,
I just need to ask a few questions regarding about IEC and if I can re-apply for a brand new work permit, as I know there is no way to extend a current one.

I have been in Canada since August 10th 2015 and I am coming up to the end of my current permit, I have applied for Express Entry but I have a funny feeling I probably won't get an invite until after my current permit expires.
I just need to know as I have seen a couple of people saying that they have managed to get a new IEC work permit with no problems at all, and if you are one of those people that managed to get a fresh new work permit how did you go about getting one?

Also would I have to create a brand new GCKey account or can I use my current account that I am using for my Express Entry profile to start the IEC process again?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,
I just need to ask a few questions regarding about IEC and if I can re-apply for a brand new work permit, as I know there is no way to extend a current one.

I have been in Canada since August 10th 2015 and I am coming up to the end of my current permit, I have applied for Express Entry but I have a funny feeling I probably won't get an invite until after my current permit expires.
I just need to know as I have seen a couple of people saying that they have managed to get a new IEC work permit with no problems at all, and if you are one of those people that managed to get a fresh new work permit how did you go about getting one?

Also would I have to create a brand new GCKey account or can I use my current account that I am using for my Express Entry profile to start the IEC process again?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. :)
It all depends on your country of origin and what kind of IEC you hold now. Rules are vastly different from country to country. What type of IEC do you hold now? Working Holiday Visa? Where are you from?

Andy91

Jun 21, 2017
It all depends on your country of origin and what kind of IEC you hold now. Rules are vastly different from country to country. What type of IEC do you hold now? Working Holiday Visa? Where are you from?
Hi there scylla, I'm from the United Kingdom and I currently have a Working Holiday Visa.

Sorry should've added this in my first post, at work now and it's quite a hectic day haha.