+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Internal transfer after filing for PR

Darshan019

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Hello All,

I'm planning to have my PR application files sometime in April. I'm hoping to finish my ECA and IELTS test finished by then.

I'm also trying to get an internal transfer to Canada office in my current company. Can you please confirm what happens to my PR application if I get an internal transfer and will my employer also need an LMIA to move me internally.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Darshan

walidleeda

Jan 11, 2017
Darshan019 said:
Hello All,

I'm planning to have my PR application files sometime in April. I'm hoping to finish my ECA and IELTS test finished by then.

I'm also trying to get an internal transfer to Canada office in my current company. Can you please confirm what happens to my PR application if I get an internal transfer and will my employer also need an LMIA to move me internally.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Darshan
Excuse me, are you an Egyptian ?!

GauravYadav

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Darshan019 said:
Hello All,

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Darshan
Hi Darshan

You can ignore the comments below. LIMA is required for gaining a PR in the entire PR process. However once a PR you are a "permanent resident" of Canada enjoying all the rights of a typical Canadian citizen excluding the voting rights and the right to run for a state job. Hence you can do pursue anything in Canada without any LIMA implications. LIMA is required only for "temporary foreign workers". Post a PR you are NOT temporary and you are not an outsider anymore.

Hope that helps ...