+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interesting situation with the passport request

MrsMiller

Aug 24, 2009
IT FINALLY CAME!!! Unfortunately, at the worst time. :) I want to send my passport immediately but I am needed here in Canada to sign papers on the closing of our house. How long does it take to get the passport back from Buffalo? Could I send my passport from Canada to my parents in the U.S. to send it in for me?

Any advice would be great. Thanks guys!

shmuhahaha

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrsMiller said:
IT FINALLY CAME!!! Unfortunately, at the worst time. :) I want to send my passport immediately but I am needed here in Canada to sign papers on the closing of our house. How long does it take to get the passport back from Buffalo? Could I send my passport from Canada to my parents in the U.S. to send it in for me?

Any advice would be great. Thanks guys!
To the best of my knowledge,
If you have U.S Visa, go in person to the Buffalo consulate.
Or send an authorization letter to your parents to get stamping on your passport and they can fedex back to you..

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
to get COPR and visa the same say within 2 hours you need to visit Buffalo office in person. an the same time you can make landing on the way back to Canada. this will be the fastest way to have everything done the same morning.

MrsMiller

Aug 24, 2009
Does anyone know how long it takes to get your passport back when you send it in to Buffalo?

Thanks for the help.

shmuhahaha

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They say 15 working days on PPR email.

"Your passports will usually be returned to you within 15 business days from the day we receive them. This does not include any time it may take for the Post Office to deliver them "

link:http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/submit_soumettre.aspx