+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interest to sponsor 2023

Greg220

Feb 4, 2018
Hello,

I would like to sponsor my parents to immigrate to Canada.

When looking on the CIC website all I can find is info about people who submitted the interest to sponsor form in 2020 and they will hopefully get invitation after Oct 10, 2023.

How can I submit interest to sponsor form nowadays?
Is there interest to sponsor form anywhere that I can fill out and send?
There is absolutely no info anywhere on the process or any links in that regard.

So my question is how can I apply for my parents to get their PR's?

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

When looking on the CIC website all I can find is info about people who submitted the interest to sponsor form in 2020 and they will hopefully get invitation after Oct 10, 2023.

There is absolutely no info anywhere on the process or any links in that regard.

Thanks
You cannot apply. IRCC is only drawing profiles from those who submitted in 2020. You cannot submit a profile. FYI there are about 125,000 profiles left in the 2020 pool and inviting 25000 with around 15000 approved applications. So you have to wait another year to see if they open up to new profiles or continue to select from the 2020 pool.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello,

Thanks
As replied, you cannot. Wait for the interest to sponsor pool to be open again some time down the road (at least a year if not more)
At the mean time, take a look at the current requirement and make sure that your family income can at least meet the minimum to sponsor ( family size include yours plus parents') and continue to meet that. So when the pool is open one day, you meet the requirement to sponsor.
Also look into getting supervisa if you want your parents to visit you at the mean time.