+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intent to move out of Quebec

Sha321

Jul 3, 2024
I'm currently on a closed work permit under a Quebec based employer and I got my ITA last month. I need to prove my intent to move out of the province and for that I'm planning to attach a few documents like:
1. Resignation letter stating that I'll quit my job once I get my PR
2. Address proofs of brother who's currently living in Ontario
3. LOE stating that I'll move with my brother who's in Ontario because living in Quebec has been quite challenging for me because of all French rule.

How feasible do you think it is to convince IRCC with my current documents? (i tried to get a lease on name but was unable to do so and now I don't have enough time to arrange for that)
Any other advice that you think might help with my situation. Thankyou.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm currently on a closed work permit under a Quebec based employer and I got my ITA last month. I need to prove my intent to move out of the province and for that I'm planning to attach a few documents like:
3. LOE stating that I'll move with my brother who's in Ontario because living in Quebec has been quite challenging for me because of all French rule.

How feasible do you think it is to convince IRCC with my current documents? (i tried to get a lease on name but was unable to do so and now I don't have enough time to arrange for that)
It may or may not be enough.

Generally speaking, it's much better if you can show you are have already made the move or are actively making the move now. For example, if you already had a job offer secured in Ontario. Having your name on a lease in Ontario is really only valuable if you have given up your Quebec address and move to Ontario.

If this is all you have, then you'll have to roll the dice and hope it's enough.

Can you start making the move out of Quebec while your application is being processed in case IRCC tells you what you provided is not enough? That's what I would be doing (e.g., working to secure a job offer and closed work permit outside of Quebec).

Good luck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Promising to quit a job once you have PR would make it very difficult to get approved. Once you have PR you have mobility rights so you wouldn’t have to move out of Quebec which is the problem. You’d essentially be bypassing the requirements of the Quebec PR system if you are able to get approved. Your brother living in Ontario and your intent to move in with him also doesn’t mean much because it doesn’t provide concrete proof an intent to remain outside Quebec. For example if your brother is renting having the landlord add you to the lease, proof of payment of rent in Ontario, etc. would provide more concrete proof of establishing ties outside Quebec. As previously mentioned leaving your job and relocating to Ontario during the express entry process is likely your best bet.