+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intended work in Canada -> Does XXX have a job offer in Canada?

swarajtotey

Aug 4, 2021
Hi all,

I am kinda confused on this question since I got mixed opinions on this in my search. I thought this was a pretty straightforward question.

Background on my situation:
I moved to Canada on Jan 30, 2021 and started working on Feb 1, 2021 (as stated in my job offer letter). I still work in the same company but got an intra company transfer from US to Canada. My job offer is exempt from LMIA due to "international agreement". My job is permanent, full time and comes under NOC -2173 since my designation is Software Engineer. My work permit has the employer name printed on it.

So I filled this section as "Yes".

Does XXX have a job offer in Canada? YES

Is this job offer for work that is:
  • full-time
  • continuous and
  • for at least one year?
YES

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal? YES
How many employers made this job offer? 1

Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada? NO
An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada? NO

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? NO
Is XXX currently working in Canada? YES
Does XXX have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? YES
Is XXX's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? YES
Has XXX been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
NO
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
NO - My work permit is exempt from an LMIA due to an international agreement

Can anyone tell me if this is correct or do I need to change this section to "NO"?

Thanks in advance.