+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Insurance Agent - certificate of qualification

Jul 9, 2021
Hello,

Kindly help me out with this query.

I've worked as an administrative officer since August 10, 2020 until April 9, 2021. (Noc 1221)

I worked as an insurance agent (noc b) since April 8. However, in order to work as an insurance agent in Ontario we need a license from a regulated body.

I was being trained for the licensing exam at the workplace and i received my license on May 23rd.

For my 1yr/52 week requirement, will they count the hours between April 8 and may 23 as skilled work experience ? I did not have my license yet, but I was still employed with them, being trained, and was getting paid.

The reason why I was confused is because ircc asks for a certificate of qualification. I know it is for the fstw program, but will ircc need proof of my license as an insurance agent? If they do, will they count the weeks I was trained and paid for before I obtained my license?

I am confused because I now have a job opportunity in my field of study (which may not be a skilled job) and I really do not want to lose this opportunity. But If I do quit my current job as an insurance agent early, I am worried about not meeting the hourly requirement.

Also do let me know at which date will I be completing 1560 hours. Is it 52+2 weeks added for vacation?

Kindly advise.
Thank you

Reactions: Yosola

Yosola

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Hello,

Kindly help me out with this query.

I've worked as an administrative officer since August 10, 2020 until April 9, 2021. (Noc 1221)

I worked as an insurance agent (noc b) since April 8. However, in order to work as an insurance agent in Ontario we need a license from a regulated body.

I was being trained for the licensing exam at the workplace and i received my license on May 23rd.

For my 1yr/52 week requirement, will they count the hours between April 8 and may 23 as skilled work experience ? I did not have my license yet, but I was still employed with them, being trained, and was getting paid.

The reason why I was confused is because ircc asks for a certificate of qualification. I know it is for the fstw program, but will ircc need proof of my license as an insurance agent? If they do, will they count the weeks I was trained and paid for before I obtained my license?

I am confused because I now have a job opportunity in my field of study (which may not be a skilled job) and I really do not want to lose this opportunity. But If I do quit my current job as an insurance agent early, I am worried about not meeting the hourly requirement.

Also do let me know at which date will I be completing 1560 hours. Is it 52+2 weeks added for vacation?

Kindly advise.
Thank you
Hi
What did you do for this situation ?
Thanks