+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

inquiry

lean

Jun 4, 2009
hi to all...please give me some answers for my inquiry...tnx in advance!

i just want to know how will i become an immigrant or citizen for that matter if i am married to a canadian and i am a live-in caregiver?how is the processing for that?and how long?

tnx...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are going for immigration based on being a live-in caregiver, you would have to have worked for 24 months and then you could apply for PR and an open work permit. Getting the open work permit can take you 5-6 months and getting the PR 1-2 years.

If you are going for immigration based on being married to a Canadian, he would have to sponsor you for PR. If you go the way of inland application, if all goes well, you could get an open work permit in 5-6 months and PR in 1-2 years. If you apply outland, you can opt to have your application processed in the US or in your home country. In the US it would take 5-10 months to get PR and in your home country, you can get some idea here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

After you get PR, you need to live in Canada for 3 years to be able to apply for citizenship. Time spent in Canada before getting PR can be counted at 50% discount but only within the previous 4 year period so the earliest you could apply is after 2 years in Canada as a PR if you spent the previous 2 years in Canada as well. Getting citizenship processed takes on average another year.