+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inquiry Regarding Travel While PR Application is Under Process

Mar 22, 2024
Canada
Category........
FSW
Hello All,

I submitted my PR application with a PR-supporting LMIA on September 5, and I received an ITA under the CEC Express Entry draw. I have upcoming travel to the USA at the end of this month for 15 days, and I’m concerned whether this would restrict me from traveling or if I need to be physically present in Canada while my application is being processed.

Additionally, I have heard that I might need to complete my biometrics again, even though I had done them four years ago when I first applied for a study permit from my home country. Can you confirm if this will be required?

Since I submitted my application with a PR-supporting LMIA, I want to ensure that taking a 15-day leave will not cause any issues. I do have an open work permit that is valid until June 2025.

Any guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hello All,

I submitted my PR application with a PR-supporting LMIA on September 5, and I received an ITA under the CEC Express Entry draw. I have upcoming travel to the USA at the end of this month for 15 days, and I’m concerned whether this would restrict me from traveling or if I need to be physically present in Canada while my application is being processed.

Additionally, I have heard that I might need to complete my biometrics again, even though I had done them four years ago when I first applied for a study permit from my home country. Can you confirm if this will be required?

Since I submitted my application with a PR-supporting LMIA, I want to ensure that taking a 15-day leave will not cause any issues. I do have an open work permit that is valid until June 2025.

Any guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Till the time you have a valid status to return you are fine.