+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland vs Outland

rprefontaine

Dec 25, 2013
Hi there, ok so I am trying to decide on inland or outland and I have a few questions. I am from the US and my husband is Canadian. Here are my questions

1. If I apply for outland can I apply for a work permit with LMO after first stage of approval? I know if you are inland you can apply for an OWP after first stage, but if I apply outland and I happened to find an employer who is willing to do an LMO for me would I be allowed because my application is outland?

2. If I apply outland can I stay with my husband after first stage of approval? Because my office would be LA and it says the wait time is 26 months currently for the second stage (thats a long time :( )

I guess my biggest problem is I need to be able to work, so I'm just not sure which way to go about it, without being separated from my husband for so long.

hopefully someone can give me some insight on their experiences thank you i greatly appreciate it!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. If you apply outland, you can also apply for a closed work permit at any time provided you are able to secure a job offer and approved LMO. Note that finding an employer willing to go through the LMO process is typically very difficult due to the costs, waiting times and the fact there's no guarantee of approval. Just to add, if you have an occupation that qualifies under NAFTA, then no LMO is required - just a job offer.

2. An outland application does not allow you to remain in Canada. If you wish to wait out the processing of an outland application within Canada, then you will have to continue extending your visitor status.

Albertan

Jan 4, 2014
Second stage processing happens in Ottawa these days. Mississauga office transfers the file to Ottawa if the person being sponsored lives in USA.