+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - TRV - Expecting a baby

Mar 30, 2013
Hello All:

I just have a couple of questions. My wife is here in Canada on a valid visitor visa living with me. We have applied for an Inland Spousal Sponsorship and sent our paperwork to Vegreville. We have just found out that we are expecting a baby. Will this affect our application in any way?
Also, now that we have filed our Inland Spousal Sponsorship, can we apply for medical coverage with the NWT gov't? Any comments or suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks.

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
missingmyspouse52 said:
Hello All:

I just have a couple of questions. My wife is here in Canada on a valid visitor visa living with me. We have applied for an Inland Spousal Sponsorship and sent our paperwork to Vegreville. We have just found out that we are expecting a baby. Will this affect our application in any way?
Also, now that we have filed our Inland Spousal Sponsorship, can we apply for medical coverage with the NWT gov't? Any comments or suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks.
Are you a canadian citizen or a PR?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

missingmyspouse52 said:
Hello All:

It makes no difference.

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
PMM said:
Hi

It makes no difference.
How come? If he's just a PR, don't they have to add the baby to the application?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
missingmyspouse52 said:
Hello All:

The baby will be a Canadian citizen upon birth, so they don't need to be added into the application.

However a relationship with a child, is often seen as a more genuine relationship in the eyes of CIC. So updating your file MAY help in case there were any other red flags or reason to doubt the relationship.

In most provinces (including NWT i think) health care starts 3 months after becoming eligible, which for inland applications is after stage 1 approval. If you've only recently applied, then you are looking at 8-10 months for stage 1 approval, so most likely you can't count on healtcare coverage and should prepare to pay all hospital and delivery costs out-of-pocket.

Some provinces like Alberta allow for tourists to get healtcare if they are married to Canadian citizens, but I don't think NWT does that. Best to call the NWT health care service number, and ask what the requirements are.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
missingmyspouse52 said:
Hello All:

First congrats on your wife getting pregnant. Now that is said, depending on how far along your inland application has progress since your wife got pregnant. As long as your wife is able to get AIP status and depending on NWT health care residency requirement before she can get health care before the baby is born then everything haven't changed. However if she were to deliever the baby before she qualifies for NWT health care, be prepared to pay for medical bills associated with delievering the baby. And no point in buy health insurance now as they will not cover any baby delievery cost in the first 9 months of policy due to "pre-existing" condition of being pregnant at time of buying insurance.

Screech339

vechappell

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
Congrats!

I had my baby in may this year. I called cic and they were basically like why are you calling if you're already in country it doesn't change anything.

Im in Quebec and i had to wait 90days before I could apply for health care as you need a letter from cic saying you've been accepted in principal. Having a baby is pricey. I got my health care 4months before baby was born and had spent over 3k. For the birth it was going to be around $7k-10k. So as soon as you can apply for it.

Good luck.

VioletBlue

Aug 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a word of advice....You might wanna look into having a Midwife and possible a home birth instead hospital....Its WAAAY cheaper! Midwifes only cost $3000 (in BC at least)....and that includes 9mths of care AND delivery....if its at home....If you end up going to the hospital u'll have to pay them....however, they do let you pay in monthly rates...and if your wife becomes eligible for medical after baby is born she might get some of the money back retroactively. And I speak from experience...Congrats and good luck! :)