+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland spousal sponsorship help

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hi, will be submitting an inland spousal sponsorship + OWP application next month. My husband holds American citizenship.

Looking through the sponsorship documents and I noticed in several places it says "principal applicant and family members over 18 years of age must complete and submit..." does that mean, even though I am only sponsoring him as spouse, not his family, his family (parents and siblings) still has to fill out forms? This was included in the police clearance as well.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
No, only his adult dependants who will be included on the PR application. Basically, his kids if they are above 18 and below 22.

If he has no children, then you don't need to have his parents, brother, etc. fill out these forms. You'll have to fill out a family information form where you'll provide their information, but they don't need to do anything on their end.

Reactions: Shellzie

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
No, only his adult dependants who will be included on the PR application. Basically, his kids if they are above 18 and below 22.

If he has no children, then you don't need to have his parents, brother, etc. fill out these forms. You'll have to fill out a family information form where you'll provide their information, but they don't need to do anything on their end.
That makes sense, thank you!