+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

inland Spousal sponsorship and visitor visa expiring

W B

Jun 5, 2018
Dear Friends,

I want your thoughts on my current situation. I had applied for inland spousal PR through paper application and open work permit online. However, due to missing signatures, they returned my PR application on July 11 and I resubmitted them by July 13th.

Currently, my visit visa is due to expire on Sept 2nd (6 months stay). I am confused as how to proceed further.

I have not received any update on both the PR application and Open work permit.

Is exiting at Niagara Falls border to the US and returning to Canada an option or can I apply online to extend my stay.

Expecting your valuable thoughts on this.

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
I think it's better you apply online to extend your stay one month before your status expires if you don't receive OWP by then so that you're in implied status because you never know if you'd be allowed to re-enter Canada, I won't take that risk if I were you cuz that means automatically you withdraw your sponsorship application.
But one question how did you apply for OWP online, I mean under which stream ? before or after your PR ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear Friends,

I want your thoughts on my current situation. I had applied for inland spousal PR through paper application and open work permit online. However, due to missing signatures, they returned my PR application on July 11 and I resubmitted them by July 13th.

Currently, my visit visa is due to expire on Sept 2nd (6 months stay). I am confused as how to proceed further.

I have not received any update on both the PR application and Open work permit.

Is exiting at Niagara Falls border to the US and returning to Canada an option or can I apply online to extend my stay.

Expecting your valuable thoughts on this.
Inland applicants can only apply for the OWP online if they have AIP. You needed to send in a paper application with the inland app. You can expect the online OWP app to be refused.

mima_

Aug 16, 2018
Need some advice...I applied for a inland spousal sponsorship, PR and OWP on Avg 2 2018. Do I need to extend the visa and how should we do it (online or paper) or is he on a implied status by default? His 6 months expires on Nov 12.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Need some advice...I applied for a inland spousal sponsorship, PR and OWP on Avg 2 2018. Do I need to extend the visa and how should we do it (online or paper) or is he on a implied status by default? His 6 months expires on Nov 12.
He will benefit from implied status via the OWP application. However, to be safe, you can apply to extend the visitor visa until you get AOR in case the application is returned to you.