+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal sponsorship and Open work permit

RobertoPd

Feb 11, 2021
Hello everyone,
this is my first post in this forum so I hope you can guide me and clear some of my doubts. First of all sorry for my English, I know it's not so good.

This is the story:
I've delivered my application for Permanent Residency (together with a 2 years Open Work Permit) at the end of November 2020. I'm married with a PR and I'm already in Canada with a Working Holiday Visa. My WHV Open Work Permit is due at the end of this month.

I'm worried cause I haven't received anything from the government. Not even an email. So I don't understand if I have to keep waiting, if I have to write to them, if it's totally normal that it takes so long to just register the fact that they have received the documents. I already have an online profile and I've tried to link the application without success.

How does it work in these cases?
How can I be sure they received the document? (I've tracked them but after the delivery nothing happened)
What do you suggest?
Am I in implied status?

Thank you, guys! Have a great one!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,
this is my first post in this forum so I hope you can guide me and clear some of my doubts. First of all sorry for my English, I know it's not so good.

This is the story:
I've delivered my application for Permanent Residency (together with a 2 years Open Work Permit) at the end of November 2020. I'm married with a PR and I'm already in Canada with a Working Holiday Visa. My WHV Open Work Permit is due at the end of this month.

I'm worried cause I haven't received anything from the government. Not even an email. So I don't understand if I have to keep waiting, if I have to write to them, if it's totally normal that it takes so long to just register the fact that they have received the documents. I already have an online profile and I've tried to link the application without success.

How does it work in these cases?
How can I be sure they received the document? (I've tracked them but after the delivery nothing happened)
What do you suggest?
Am I in implied status?

Thank you, guys! Have a great one!
It's normal that you haven't heard anything from IRCC yet. Notifications are taking longer to be issued due to COVID-19.

Yes, you have implied status and can continue working beyond the expiry date of your WHV.

Reactions: RobertoPd

RobertoPd

Feb 11, 2021
Thank you Scylla!

I will be able to link my application the moment IRCC sends me a notification, right?
Is there a way I can be sure they received the application?

Thank you!