+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland sponsorship! Did the medical exam but still waiting for OWP

misshacalih

Sep 5, 2019
Hi Everyone,

We have submitted our inland sponsorship along with open work permit on August,2019.

Received medical exam request on January,2020.

Passed the exam and they are working on my background check.

I am concerning about my open work permit it has been more than 4 month and I haven't receive any updates or anything about the open work permit yet.

( I did restore my status back in September and it has been approved)

I am not sure if I should send the restoration to IRCC again.

Please advise

Thank you

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

We have submitted our inland sponsorship along with open work permit on August,2019.

Received medical exam request on January,2020.

Passed the exam and they are working on my background check.

I am concerning about my open work permit it has been more than 4 month and I haven't receive any updates or anything about the open work permit yet.

I am not sure what is happening.

Please advise

Thank you
Based on your previous posts, you fell out of status because your application was returned. You then resent your application with the OWP - but did not apply for restoration. Is that correct?

If so, the you don't qualify for the open work permit pilot since your complete application was received when you were out of status. This means you won't received an OWP within the four month period. You will have to wait until you have AIP (i.e. first stage approval).

Reactions: canuck_in_uk

misshacalih

Sep 5, 2019
Based on your previous posts, you fell out of status because your application was returned. You then resent your application with the OWP - but did not apply for restoration. Is that correct?

If so, the you don't qualify for the open work permit pilot since your complete application was received when you were out of status. This means you won't received an OWP within the four month period. You will have to wait until you have AIP (i.e. first stage approval).

Yes I did restore my status and it has been approved after the medical exam. The restoration took about 4 month to be approved.

If my restoration has been approved, do you think I should call and advice IRCC so they can start working on my owp?

misshacalih

Sep 5, 2019

Hi,

I did restore my status and it has been approved after the medical exam. The restoration took about 4 month to be approved.

If my restoration has been approved, do you think I should call and send my restoration to IRCC so they can start working on my owp?