+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Sponsorship and open work permit question

LGM

Apr 3, 2014
Hi

I have a question, I am very confused and I although I already called, they were not very clear on their answer at my cic.
Almost 2 years ago I came to Canada on a student visa, to live with my bf. I lived with my partner and then after my student visa expired I got a work permit. Then I applied for the sponsorship 8 months ago. 4 months ago I got married and then when my work permit was going to expire I sent them to the office in vegreville my open work permit form and additional documents like the house I bought here in Canada and the marriage certificate ( all this as followed by the instructions given by the Immigration office on the helpline). The officer also told me I would only receive this once the 8 months had past of the inside canada sponsorship application. Its now been 8 months and 1 week and I still dont have an answer.
Then yesterday I received the work permit for 1 year, without the first stage approval, so when I called, today, they said that there was a mistake, because my case was transferred to the office in Misissauga and the work permit came from Vegreville, so its unvalid, as they gave me a work permit that had nothing to do with my sponsorhsip. Then she said that she had made a note on my file and if I didnt have an answer or a call in 1 week, to call back.

I am worried.... and I dont know if this is normal or what happened. I am left now with no work permit and still no answer for the 1st stage approval. Please help :(.... ???

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
So basically, if you hadn't called them, you never would've found out that the work permit was invalid? That's crazy.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Well, I am not a lawyer and clearly I am not qualified to be giving you advice on this, but since nobody else seems to know either, this is how I see it and if I were talking to you at like... a party or something, this is what I would say:

You have a work permit. It was sent to you by the government.

You have a work permit.

LGM

Apr 3, 2014
LOL Thank you. Now I dont, because as I did call, they said it was a mistake and its now invalid. Today though, they said that they are issuing me an extension of the post graduate work permit I had before... why? I dont know, I didnt ask for that one... So I guess , yes, like you said, I have a work permit.

I just find it odd that they would make mistakes like that.

They just changed the post on their website on processing times too...Oh well ,it will come when it comes.

thanks for the post though!