+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland SOWP chances of rejection

Nidhi10

Aug 23, 2024
My husband’s on a PGWP that expires in 2026, and mine expired recently. (Context: We both came to Canada on separate study permits, got married last November)

I applied for an inland OWP in May to extend my work status using my husband’s permit. I provided all the necessary documents & essays proving genuineness of relationship, joint rental agreement, marriage certificate etc.

It’s been 3 months since I applied with no updates, but I have maintained status allowing me to work until November.

I’ve accepted a job offer starting in 15 days, but HR raised concerns about the risk of my OWP application being rejected, which would force me to stop working.

What’s the acceptance/rejection rate for an inland OWP applications on spousal grounds? And is there anything we can do to continue working while we reapply?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My husband’s on a PGWP that expires in 2026, and mine expired recently. (Context: We both came to Canada on separate study permits, got married last November)

I applied for an inland OWP in May to extend my work status using my husband’s permit. I provided all the necessary documents & essays proving genuineness of relationship, joint rental agreement, marriage certificate etc.

It’s been 3 months since I applied with no updates, but I have maintained status allowing me to work until November.

I’ve accepted a job offer starting in 15 days, but HR raised concerns about the risk of my OWP application being rejected, which would force me to stop working.

What’s the acceptance/rejection rate for an inland OWP applications on spousal grounds? And is there anything we can do to continue working while we reapply?
Was your spouse working when you submitted the application and did you submit 3 paystubs?

Nidhi10

Aug 23, 2024
Was your spouse working when you submitted the application and did you submit 3 paystubs?
Hi, yes he’s working. I hadn’t submitted the paystubs in my application (because I thought it wasn’t mandatory, he’s on his PGWP) but then I raised a web form to submit them as additional documents just to be safe.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, yes he’s working. I hadn’t submitted the paystubs in my application (because I thought it wasn’t mandatory, he’s on his PGWP) but then I raised a web form to submit them as additional documents just to be safe.
Then there is no reason to assume it won’t be approved.

Reactions: Nidhi10