+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland or Outland Spousal Sponsorship...Please Help!

sharifah14

Jun 6, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
22-12-2011
Hi Everyone,
I am a newbie to this forum but I based on what I have read so far everyone seems to be helping each other out so much. I basically need advice on my current situation.
I am a Canadian citizen and have been living in Holland for the past 5 years with my (common-law partner) boyfriend. We decided to make the move to Canada and after speaking with several lawyers on our last trip here (Dec.2010) we were recommended that an inland spousal sponsorship would be the easiest and fastest way to go.
On April 28, we moved to Canada and now getting everything prepared for the inland application when we received notice today from another lawyer that an outland application would actually be faster.
We are basically worried because my boyfriend just graduated as an architect last year and if he has to wait around for a year for his open work permit if we do apply inland all his experience will go to waste and it will be almost impossible for him to find a job later.
Basically we both are desperate to know. Would it be better to apply inland and wait out the 12-18 month period to get an open work permit. Or to apply outland (I believe that all applications from Holland go through the UK office)?
If we were to apply outland could we do this while he is still here in Canada or would he have to move back to Holland? We really don't want to be separated. He still has a lot of family in Holland and technically still lives there so we could put down his Dutch residence and mailing address. As well, how can he start working in Canada if we apply outland? I saw online that architecture was one of the 29 jobs listed that are needed in Canada so I don't know if this would help? Can he apply for an open work permit on the basis of this and how long approximately would this take?
To sum up:
Inland or outland in terms of waiting times, WORK PERMIT (really important for us that he can start working in Canada as soon as possible), and not being seperated.
I know that so many people post there personal situations online and I have tried reading as much as possible but I couldn't find anything that resembled our situation exactly. I hope that there are some of you out there who would be willing to help! We really need it! ???

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
1) He can apply Outland while visiting with you in Canada.

2) The work permit application would have to be filed separately from an Outland application (different processing offices).

3) London is much faster than applying Inland (an applicant who filed in Feb 2011 is already receiving her visa from London).

4) It is possible that if he filed Outland he can skip the work permit application, as he would be able to work immediately on landing, and it could be processed faster than the 10 months waiting period for AIP and OWP on an Inland application.

sharifah14

Jun 6, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
22-12-2011
Thanks so much for the reply! So you recommend that I we apply outland. I am now just making sure that we are actually going to go through the UK office because on the Canadian embassy website in Holland it keeps referring us to the German office in Berlin and the waiting times there are much longer.
Is it difficult though to find an employer who will hire a foreign worker and to go through all the steps needed to get a work visa?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It can be difficult to find an employer willing to get a LMO for a foreigner, but if you submit a very good outland application, it is possible he will have his PR visa soon, and so will not need a LMO - once he has the PR he can be hired just like a Canadian.