07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
Med's Request
Done before
Hello,

Does the CIC require the applicant to have a residency address in Canada for Inland Application?
Do I then need to mention to my country of Birth (Belgium) that my residence address has changed? (as perhaps the CIC will confirm if this is true by contacting the authorities within Belgium).

Thank you to anybody responding to my question.

flamand_quebec13

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Montréal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
Med's Request
Done before

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
well considering the major requirement of a person applying inland is that they must be residing IN canada WITH their sponsor, i will say yes, it is required for an INLAND applicant to have a residency address in canada. if they are not in canada, they can not apply inland. if they are in canada, they can certainly apply "outside of canada" while in canada as a visitor, worker or student. outland applicants can also use a canadian address in their application. for most applicants its far better to apply "outside of canada", as the posted processing times online do not reflect what applicants usually experience. generally, those numbers are worst case scenarios and are double the amount of time it actually takes applicants to be approved.

i can not answer your question about belgium since i have no experience with that country.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
flamand_quebec13 said:
Does the CIC require the applicant to have a residency address in Canada for Inland Application?
Do I then need to mention to my country of Birth (Belgium) that my residence address has changed? (as perhaps the CIC will confirm if this is true by contacting the authorities within Belgium).
CIC will not contact the Belgian government about your address.

flamand_quebec13

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Montréal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
Med's Request
Done before
rhcohen2014 said:
well considering the major requirement of a person applying inland is that they must be residing IN canada WITH their sponsor, i will say yes, it is required for an INLAND applicant to have a residency address in canada. if they are not in canada, they can not apply inland. if they are in canada, they can certainly apply "outside of canada" while in canada as a visitor, worker or student. outland applicants can also use a canadian address in their application. for most applicants its far better to apply "outside of canada", as the posted processing times online do not reflect what applicants usually experience. generally, those numbers are worst case scenarios and are double the amount of time it actually takes applicants to be approved.

i can not answer your question about belgium since i have no experience with that country.
Thanks for replying back!

I shall definitely inform the Belgium authorities therefore that my residency address is now in Canada.
Also regarding your opinion that Outland application, I suggest to see the post I made on the other thread I answered.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
flamand_quebec13 said:
Thanks for replying back!

I shall definitely inform the Belgium authorities therefore that my residency address is now in Canada.
Also regarding your opinion that Outland application, I suggest to see the post I made on the other thread I answered.
and i suggest you read my response. still doesn't make sense to apply inland if the visa office will be paris, in my opinion. to each their own though, only you know your own circumstance.

flamand_quebec13

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Montréal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
Med's Request
Done before
I for example cannot afford the risk flying back and forth to Paris (I am a Belgian applying for Inland) as well as the fact that I am only allowed in Canada based on a Workers Holiday Program visa that only lasts until mid September.
I am hoping to receive a work permit sooner than my visa expires so I can continue working for the same employer without interruption. Also I don't want to risk denial for remaining in Canada under a visitor status.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
there is virtually NO chance of being denied an extension of stay as a visitor, especially since you will be applying for pr and assuming the application is filled out correctly. again, while you may see these as valid reasons to apply inland, based on the information presented on this forum by current inland applicants, none of your reasons warrant the need for applying inland.