+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland application(might be out of status)

Feb 13, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have a question and I’m loosing sleep over this. I applied for my permanent residency inland in July.
I was here on a study permit of 1 year until April 30th 2020
I stopped attending school on January 1st 2020 but my original status was expiring on April 30th so I applied to extend my status as a visitor on April 23rd 2020 before my actual study permit expired.
Now a lot of the people I’ve been talking to is saying that I was already out of status when I applied for the extension as I was not attending school on study permit.
I am really confused here and I did not mention that I am out of status on our inland application. Only mentioned that I stopped attending school in January and applied to extend my status in April.
I haven’t heard back on the visitor extension yet and just submitted the app thinking I was on implied status.
I really don’t want to end up with a 5 year mispresentation ban.
Please suggest me something? Should I send a web form??
I haven’t mentioned it on the extension app itself that I was out of status, only that I wasn’t attending schools.

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have a question and I’m loosing sleep over this. I applied for my permanent residency inland in July.
I was here on a study permit of 1 year until April 30th 2020
I stopped attending school on January 1st 2020 but my original status was expiring on April 30th so I applied to extend my status as a visitor on April 23rd 2020 before my actual study permit expired.
Now a lot of the people I’ve been talking to is saying that I was already out of status when I applied for the extension as I was not attending school on study permit.
I am really confused here and I did not mention that I am out of status on our inland application. Only mentioned that I stopped attending school in January and applied to extend my status in April.
I haven’t heard back on the visitor extension yet and just submitted the app thinking I was on implied status.
I really don’t want to end up with a 5 year mispresentation ban.
Please suggest me something? Should I send a web form??
I haven’t mentioned it on the extension app itself that I was out of status, only that I wasn’t attending schools.
You need to call an I'mmgreation lawyer and apply for restoration of status or something

It sounds like you might be in a mess since you no longer attended school and overstayed but if you are in a genuine relationship you will eventually get pr but unsure if your have to leave before then etc you need a lawyer etherway