+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application - Additional Documentation Request from IRCC

AL109

Apr 24, 2019
I received a letter requesting further documents for my common-law partner. I am the sponsor. The IRCC Vancouver office is requesting the following:

1) Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) - You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years)

2) IMM5562: Supplementary Information - Your Travels: You and your spouse must declare travel history from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years)​
I am 98% sure we completed IMM 5669 correct, but who knows. On the actual form it asks for details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is the most recent. Should I just follow the letter's instruction and give them details since age 18?

Also, is it normal for them to request IMM5562? As the sponsor do I need to complete Part B of IMM5562 for the spouse or common law section?

Lastly, is there a number I can call to specifically ask IRCC what was incorrect on the original IMM 5669 forms we sent?

Thank you!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If the letter says give them details since the age of 18, and then specifically asks for you to include information "not only from the past 10 years" I don't know why you'd question the instructions of IRCC.

If they've asked you to complete IMM5562, they are asking you to complete it. It doesn't matter if it's normal or not.

It looks like they may doubt your common-law cohabitation status and are asking for additional details to verify that you've lived together for more than 12 months.

AL109

Apr 24, 2019
If the letter says give them details since the age of 18, and then specifically asks for you to include information "not only from the past 10 years" I don't know why you'd question the instructions of IRCC.

If they've asked you to complete IMM5562, they are asking you to complete it. It doesn't matter if it's normal or not.

It looks like they may doubt your common-law cohabitation status and are asking for additional details to verify that you've lived together for more than 12 months.
Thank you. Just want to cover all grounds, and super frustrating to redo forms especially the Schedule A and find 25+ years of travel details.

How does providing them additional years of travel details and background history help them verify common law cohab status though? We already provided an album of photos and many letter/document proofs. We also have not traveled outside of Canada for almost 2 years since my partner moved up here in June 2017 to start the sponsorship process (became common law in June 2018).

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thank you. Just want to cover all grounds, and super frustrating to redo forms especially the Schedule A and find 25+ years of travel details.

How does providing them additional years of travel details and background history help them verify common law cohab status though? We already provided an album of photos and many letter/document proofs. We also have not traveled outside of Canada for almost 2 years since my partner moved up here in June 2017 to start the sponsorship process (became common law in June 2018).
It helps verify everything by submitting what they asked, really.

In a case like this, you submit what IRCC asks, no matter whether or not it makes sense to you.

AL109

Apr 24, 2019
It helps verify everything by submitting what they asked, really.

In a case like this, you submit what IRCC asks, no matter whether or not it makes sense to you.
That I get, but wondering if other people have similar experience.

As the sponsor do I need to complete Part B of IMM5562 for the spouse or common law section?