+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland app Decision Made

karmkl

Mar 2, 2012
Hello all!

I did an inland PR application with OWP, and provided proof of medical and police certificates with app. My wife and I were notified two days ago that the sponsorship was approved and I was sent my OWP. However, e-cas already says decision made but under the comments is says Application received 23 Mar Applicatioon opened 15 April, no mention of medical. I already held a study permit. Is it possible that they approved everything at once, or does the look like the normal bad news?

R

robrod

This is no bad news at all.
You were given first stage of aproval plus the OWP...
Perhaps indeed it is the whole enchilada at once!.
Best of luck.

karmkl

Mar 2, 2012
Thanks, I got the letter in the mail today. My application was approved forwarded to Edmonton. This was a pleasant surprise!

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karmkl said:
Thanks, I got the letter in the mail today. My application was approved forwarded to Edmonton. This was a pleasant surprise!
Hello,

We're on the same boat. I'm just waiting for CIC Edmonton to contact me regarding my PR.
COngratulations btw! :)

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It would be great if my local cic will contact me regarding my PR. whew! I phoned the call centre and he said 6-8 weeks. :eek: How's everybody?

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
blistex said:
It would be great if my local cic will contact me regarding my PR. whew! I phoned the call centre and he said 6-8 weeks. :eek: How's everybody?
Doing okay! How are you? I'm 4 weeks tomorrow after DM and my application is still just sitting in Vegreville. They won't give me a time for mine, so you're lucky you got something out of them :p

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanAusGal said:
Doing okay! How are you? I'm 4 weeks tomorrow after DM and my application is still just sitting in Vegreville. They won't give me a time for mine, so you're lucky you got something out of them :p

Hello CanAusGal,

Im doin alright :) . 4 weeks, wow so I think I should stop complaining about mine ;D! what is your local cic? I hope we'll both hear from them soon. It will be nice to go for a vacation that's why I'm too anxious to get my PR

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
My local office is Victoria. I wish someone could tell me what the hold up was on just putting in an envelope and sending it to Victoria, but apparently there are no answers :(

Keep me updated on yours and good luck!

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanAusGal said:
My local office is Victoria. I wish someone could tell me what the hold up was on just putting in an envelope and sending it to Victoria, but apparently there are no answers :(

Keep me updated on yours and good luck!
I just got off the phone with a call centre agent from cic. I asked if my file is in Edmonton and he said yes and I should be able to receive a letter from them in April. Well I hope that's true. Did you already phone cic CanAusGal?

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
I called on Friday and it was still sitting in Vegreville.

I will try calling on Wednesday and see where it is at. I can well imagine that once my app finally gets to Victoria I'm in for another 4 weeks after that as well :(

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanAusGal said:
I called on Friday and it was still sitting in Vegreville.

I will try calling on Wednesday and see where it is at. I can well imagine that once my app finally gets to Victoria I'm in for another 4 weeks after that as well :(
I hope it will be forwarded to Victoria soon. It is frustrating to wait for something without an exact time frame. :( :( :( :(

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
So after a month of call centre agents telling me my application (which got DM on Feb 7) was sitting in Vegreville waiting to be sent to Victoria, and no one telling me what the hold up was, I finally talk to someone to someone helpful!

First she tells me my application is still in process, after a brief heart attack I read out the letters I have received from Vegreville, she puts me on hold for 30min. Comes back, apologizes, and says they recently implemented a new system which is far more complex than the last one and the reason the previous agents couldn't tell me anything was they haven't all received the proper training to look further into a file. Anyway, she says my file is in fact Victoria and their processing time in one month. She continues with, that one month is today so she is going to send them a follow email of due applications, write all the notes on file and that I should call back on March 15 to see if Victoria have actioned that email.

Why can't they all be like that?!?! She deserves a medal :-*

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanAusGal said:
So after a month of call centre agents telling me my application (which got DM on Feb 7) was sitting in Vegreville waiting to be sent to Victoria, and no one telling me what the hold up was, I finally talk to someone to someone helpful!

First she tells me my application is still in process, after a brief heart attack I read out the letters I have received from Vegreville, she puts me on hold for 30min. Comes back, apologizes, and says they recently implemented a new system which is far more complex than the last one and the reason the previous agents couldn't tell me anything was they haven't all received the proper training to look further into a file. Anyway, she says my file is in fact Victoria and their processing time in one month. She continues with, that one month is today so she is going to send them a follow email of due applications, write all the notes on file and that I should call back on March 15 to see if Victoria have actioned that email.

Why can't they all be like that?!?! She deserves a medal :-*
hurray! that's good news. CIC should always check if they hired competent and not lazy agents answering calls and giving out factual information. ;D ;D ;D . Let me know what happens next. :)

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
well so much for that moment of joy!

Dropped in to my local office on the way to work to ask for an update and they said they haven't received my file from Alberta yet.

So, if it's not in Victoria and Vegreville have sent it...does that mean it's just lost?

Yay! :(