+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Initial Assessment in CEC

betanorth

Mar 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I received the Initial Assessment a couple of weeks ago, asking for a police certificate from Mexico (it wasn't supposed to be sent with initial app so this is normal) and the Permanent Residence Right Fees.

I was just wondering, does the initial assessment usually mean they won't be requiring other supporting paperwork? I had received medicals and AOR like a month before, and Police check with the mounties by email like 3 days before I got the IA. I've already done/sent everything.

I ask because I sent my app in February and still didn't have my 2010 tax summary and didn't send it in. Should I even bother sending that? Or if they have already sent the IA it means what I sent was enough for them?

Also, what's next after IA?

Cheers

salmtzo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
betanorth,

I am also a CEC applicant from Mexico and I can share a few things with you about my experience...

-I sent my application in Sept/2010 including a police clearance certificate form the state police that I did before coming here in 2008.
-I received AOR on February/2011
-On April/2011 I emailed 2010 tax assessment and new immigration documents
-My file was send to LA on May/2011
-Medicals and Police certificate (federal) was requested on Aug/03/2011

I actually never received Initial Assesment.....

Regards

defenestration

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-06-2011
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
Med's Request
31-05-2011
Med's Done....
04-07-2011
Passport Req..
23-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
betanorth said:
I was just wondering, does the initial assessment usually mean they won't be requiring other supporting paperwork? ...

I ask because I sent my app in February and still didn't have my 2010 tax summary and didn't send it in. Should I even bother sending that? Or if they have already sent the IA it means what I sent was enough for them?

Also, what's next after IA?
IA means they've assessed your application and decided that you're eligible. Assuming they get all the documents they ask for, and assuming your medicals are OK, you'll be approved.

If they didn't ask for the 2010 NoA, I don't see any point in sending it.

What's next? Sometime (2 months seems typical) after they get all the documents, and after the Regional Medical Office finishes its report, they'll send you a passport request.

QShz

Oct 13, 2010
HELLO SENIORS
I HAVE RECEIVED THE INITIAL ASSESSMENT FROM CIC. MY QUESTION IS THAT HOW MUCH TIME WOULD BE TAKEN BY CIC TO COMPLETE THE PROCESSING AND WHICH STEP IS NEXT MEAN TO SAY IS MY BACKGROUND CHECK IS COMPLETED OR NOT.
I HAVE DONE MEDICAL ADVANCE AND SEND THE RPRF ADVANCE. IN INITIAL ASSESSMENT LETTER THEY DID NOT ASK FOR ANY FURTHER DOCUMENT.

LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVE A KIND RESPONSE.