+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Informing IRCC after 2years of DLI change

biprojit

Aug 23, 2024
Hello everyone, I had came to Canada in an 4yr programme but then changed to a 3 yr course in a DLI institute . Unfortunately , my attempt to change the DLI at the begining of my study at the institute was unsuccessful ,though I thought it was succesful. After 2 years, now I had just talked with IRCC as I am going to apply for my work permit in upcoming days and got to know my DLI was actually not changed. Now, I am changing my DLI to the Institute from where I have studied . Can anyone guide me about the consequences of these actions and suggestions before upcoming work permit apply? Thanks in advance.
( NB- IRCC representative told it should be fine If I apply to my work permit after changing my DLI now)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone, I had came to Canada in an 4yr programme but then changed to a 3 yr course in a DLI institute . Unfortunately , my attempt to change the DLI at the begining of my study at the institute was unsuccessful ,though I thought it was succesful. After 2 years, now I had just talked with IRCC as I am going to apply for my work permit in upcoming days and got to know my DLI was actually not changed. Now, I am changing my DLI to the Institute from where I have studied . Can anyone guide me about the consequences of these actions and suggestions before upcoming work permit apply? Thanks in advance.
( NB- IRCC representative told it should be fine If I apply to my work permit after changing my DLI now)
IRCC customer service gives out incorrect information all the time although technically they are right you can apply they didn’t specify that you would get approved. Just to clarify you never started the 4 year program and changed school? What year was that? Did you also change programs again since you only mention having completed 2 years not 3? Did you apply to attend a university and then attend college?