+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

information regrading phd admission. urgent reply needed

replyme123

Jul 7, 2011
hi,every one, i have a very serious question from my fellows and hope all of you give a fruitful answer to me.
1- i am interested to do phd from canada, for that how can i apply, what are the links and what could be the cheapest programme for me

2- i m medical graduate (mbbs), pakistani. what is the route of getting admission in phd in canada and which subject i should chose for phd programme that can help me.

3- truly speaking i want to enter in canada as international student to ultimately get an immigration finally.for that what is the suitable and save way to get in. because i have been rejected for skilled immigration last year. now i think this is the most reliable way to get p r ??????

4- how much i can earn there during residing as student.

5- shud i apply thru consultant, or not, if yes who is the best consultant to get an. because i discussed this matter with few of them all have same answer that i shud apply myself thru online.

6- pls send me links, proper guideline i want to be successful this time. i will remain thankful to all of u.

tiger007

Champion Member
replyme123 said:
hi,every one, i have a very serious question from my fellows and hope all of you give a fruitful answer to me.
1- i am interested to do phd from canada, for that how can i apply, what are the links and what could be the cheapest programme for me

2- i m medical graduate (mbbs), pakistani. what is the route of getting admission in phd in canada and which subject i should chose for phd programme that can help me.

3- truly speaking i want to enter in canada as international student to ultimately get an immigration finally.for that what is the suitable and save way to get in. because i have been rejected for skilled immigration last year. now i think this is the most reliable way to get p r ??????

5- shud i apply thru consultant, or not, if yes who is the best consultant to get an. because i discussed this matter with few of them all have same answer that i shud apply myself thru online.

6- pls send me links, proper guideline i want to be successful this time. i will remain thankful to all of u.
Hi,

Canadian Study Permit: The decision on an application for a Canadian study permit will completely be based on one's individual application package. Usually good academic record ( especially marks of last major degree) , proper course selection (preferably showing progression in same field) consistent profile, sufficient proof of funding and a decent IELTS score is seen as a standard benchmark to get the Canadian study permit. There may be more requirements, depending upon the citizenship of one's country.

1. & 2. The medical field is highly regulated in Canada. To practice in Medical profession, international students or permanent residents with foreign degrees may take years before, they can convert the foreign MBBS (completing exams and getting residency) equivalent to that of a Canadian MBBS... and the process can be very expensive.. so, doing M.S/MD/PHd in direct Medical practicing field.... is out of question. I doubt if you may be eligible for direct admission to a Phd (medical or Biological sciences). You MAY be eligible for scientific research degrees at Master's level... in the wider spectrum of medical/biological sciences, provided if you have atleast 60-70% (depending upon universities) in final 2 years of your MBBS.. To find such research based Master's degree, you will have to go through all the official Canadian public university websites, and search for an appropriate research Master's degree in your area of interest. Here's the list of all recognized Canadian educational institutes ( Universities + Colleges) eligible for OCWP (Off campus Work Permit) and PGWP( Post Grad Work Permit), listed according to the Province:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp
You should start contacting all the universities, whose research Master degrees may interest you and present your profile... and deeply research all your options.
Once, you select few appropriate Master degree's of your choice, shortlist say 6-7 universities, and get ready to apply for Sept. 2014 intake, for which last date can be anywhere between Nov 2013 to Feb 2014. The deadlines for Sept. 2013 are long over. Incase, you are not eligible for admission to a Master's degree, you may pursue certain medical field related practical diploma, I know of forum member, who went to pursue such practical diploma in Canada after BDS. You may search the colleges from the above list for appropriate medical related practical diplomas.

3. Either after pursuing Master's degree or some medical science related practical diploma, you will be eligible for a PGWP. Then you must usually find skilled job, and qualify under 1 of various student immigration programs. To know more about various student immigration programs in Canada for international students (see April 2013 update with official links; mid page 6):
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.75.html

4. You may get full funding, if admitted to a 2 years research based Master's degree, in a Canadian public university. On top you can earn by working part time (legally max. 20 hours/week) by applying for a OCWP (off Campus Work Permit) after 6 months of actual studying while studying any recognized course in any of the educational institute participating in OCWP. If you are pursuing a diploma with co-op/internship option, you may or may not even find a paid full time co-op job. To know more about Canadian study permit and many student work permits see: www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp‎
As a citizen of Pakistan, you will have to apply for visa as per the directives laid by High Commission of Canada to Pakistan. To know more: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/index.aspx

5. As I said in points 1. & 2 , the initial research for finding list of appropriate courses by visiting all univ (for Master's degrees) or Colleges (for practical diplomas , if not eligible for Master's degree), is your work. Once you shortlist atleast 6 universities or 6 college practical diplomas, you may finally apply on your own or via a reputed consultancy.

6. All links are already provided. You need to clearly understand what I've said on points from 1 to 5, visit the official links and proceed accordingly. Additionally, you will have to do hours of personal research work and cross checking all rules and laws regarding course selection, studying and eventually immigrating to Canada. If you understand this, there should be no further questions and you should start your research to find appropriate course and apply for Sept 2014 intake (if Master's in university) or Sept 2013/2014 (if practical diploma in college).

Hope it helps.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

replyme123

Jul 7, 2011
thanks indeed for your help and all information you provided. hope it will be fruitful for me. thanx again.

farhan88

Mar 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD and OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2016
AOR Received.
04-09-2016
IELTS Request
Provided band 9
Med's Request
Passed
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
30-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
W8ing
LANDED..........
W8ing
replyme123 said:

answers:
1 and 2: Getting into a PHD program is very competitive and since you are a Pakistani and only have an undergraduate degree (MBBS) you must first acquire a masters degree from canada to increase your chances for PHD in the future. At the moment PHD is largely free in Canada, but only exceptional grades can take you into a PHD program. If you go for the Masters program take atleast one year before applying so that your admission and visa chances are much greater than now. Some doctors opt for Masters in public health program and get sufficient scholarship as well. so Google the universities in canada, and find the public health graduate programs. university of British columbia is one that offers such program.
3: i do not 9 much about the pr system, but here in pakistan i knew a female doctor who just went to canada along with her husband. she got immigration due to her medical profession. and she once told me that she had completed some required courses here in pakistan, for getting her education evaluated here for canada........
4: students are normally allowed to work for 20 hours a week and thus you can easily make 500 to 800 dollars which can be enough for your accomodation and foood. however if you go for the masters you must have 30 to 40 thousand canadian dollars with you
5: research the universities, see the program , see the admissions requirements, language proficiency would be exempted for you, get your transcripts send them and then in shaa Allah wait for the admissions, i will recommend you to do every thing from admissions to visa only by ur self, forget about the consultants, rely only on yourself........ no consultant is goood they are only for the diploma and college students
6: do not rush for or expect things to go in your favor instantly, your success demands your time tooo, hence only you can research regarding your individual case we can only guide you.
hope it helps a bit
best of luck :) :) :) remember you need atleast one year for the hole admission and visa processs........... i started my admissions struggle in june 2012, i got admission in dalhousie university in feb 2013 and applied my visa on may 2013 so now m waiting for the visa
NOTE: university deadlines are very important to consider so make a note of them when u r doing university research.... mostly masters program start from october and end in feb like ubc, some end in december like in alberta, sasketchwan, some in march like mcgill, toronto