+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

information about reentry in canada

tempron

Feb 22, 2009
From england, last year, my wife and i applied for a work permit to work in canada. we both got a workpermit. Then we fly to canada last august08. after one month of staying in canada my wife started working there, however me, only stayed for a month then left and i returned back here in england for the purpose of acquiring my naturalized british passport. so, now after 10 months of waiting i got my naturalized british passport now, here in england.

So, now I would like to go back in canada and join my family. my question is. can get entry again to canada using my new british passport to work, as i got visa on my old philipine passport? or I must have to use my old philippines passport with the workvisa and permit on it? Or can i use my workvisa from old philippine passport while presenting my new british passport to canadian immigration? Note: my wife was the main applicant there and i was just a sort of dependent visa, but my visa was actually a working visa, probably belongs to an open visa that doesn't require employer at the moment. please give me an advice with this situation thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you arrive, tell them your situation and show them both passports and work permit.