+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Informatiion required to bring a spouse to Canada.

Khatri_don

Sep 12, 2024
Hello Everyone,
I am an international student from Nepal and this September, I enrolled as a full-time student at my college. What are the procedures to bring my spouse to Canada, and when can my spouse apply? Does she also need to show financial resources? If yes, how much does she need to show?

rcincanada2019

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hello Everyone,
I am an international student from Nepal and this September, I enrolled as a full-time student at my college. What are the procedures to bring my spouse to Canada, and when can my spouse apply? Does she also need to show financial resources? If yes, how much does she need to show?
Are you taking up Masters or PhD? If not, you can’t apply for SOWP as per new policy.

Reactions: Khatri_don

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am in Master Program.
She can apply and you show proof of funds under study permit requirements for 2 people so $26k. Why did you not apply at the same time? How long is program?

If you applied at the same time, you may have been processed together. Processing for a work permit is about 36 weeks so if program is only a year, you may be done before processed. Or IRCC will not process because you graduate in 8 months.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
At that time she was in China. Can she apply from China or should apply from home town Nepal?
She can apply from China or if living in Nepal, then Nepal. How long has she been in China? If more than 6 months, she will need a police check and because Canada-China don’t have great relations, her background check may take a long time. May be up to a year.

Khatri_don

Sep 12, 2024
I had shown around CAD $37K (From different annual income sources), plus education loan of 60 k and Saving Fund of 25 K at the time of my application. Will this same amount work when applying for my spouse, or does she need to show different annual income sources?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I had shown around CAD $37K (From different annual income sources), plus education loan of 60 k and Saving Fund of 25 K at the time of my application. Will this same amount work when applying for my spouse, or does she need to show different annual income sources?
You show that you can meet POF for 2 people so $26K plus paid tuition. You can both show your own bank statements.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
This is NOT a family class sponsorship. Post at the international student section.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You show that you can meet POF for 2 people so $26K plus paid tuition. You can both show your own bank statements.
You also should be able to show that you’ll be able to pay for the next year of tuition at the minimum. If your spouse has been living in China time living together and when you got married can be an factor. Applying doesn’t mean approval.