+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Info on supervisa for parents/grandparents

dgeo

Feb 24, 2016
I'm a bit confused about the super visa and was hoping someone could help clarify it for me as I'm having a really tough time getting through the help line.

1. Is the super visa stay period per visit a maximum time of 2 years per visit or only on the 1st visit you can stay upto 2 years?

2. Regarding the medical insurance, does that have to be taken from Canada or from where my parents are flying in from. Also if they're planning to stay for 2-3 months, do I still have to take a whole year's insurance? Doesn't make sense if I'd have to, that's just making insurance companies rich.

Thanks!

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1.The max stay per visit is 2 years.
2 It can be taken anywhere. But should prefer from Canada as settlement becomes easier.
3You need to take one year insurance but in case you are staying for 2 months you may go for a visitor visa where one can stay for 6 months and insurance is also not required.

dgeo

Feb 24, 2016
Thanks bhavcaluk! I know I have the option for visitor visa, but want to take super visa as currently haven't planned exactly how long they're going to stay. But thanks a lot for clearing that out for me