+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Info on sponsor work permit and working under my business and applying for ohip!

Jess86

Jan 10, 2019
Hi Team Canada,
curious if you can help find the information for us.

Put in spousal sponsorship for husband and it is in progress. Just got his status reversed, and an OPW.
I have my own business, so I am thinking I would like to hire him under the business to be my designer and work with me on the field, but I am unsure if this is allowed.
It would be weird to hire him, as we're married, but I think we would make a great team. Let me know your thoughts.

Also, since his app is in progress, would he be eligible for OHIP yet? Wondering about this, because if you do not have ohip, how scary would it be to work.
His work permit is valid for 2 years.

Please let me know if you can help in anyway or what you recommend.

Also, if anything was missing from the spousal sponsorship app, do you think it would have been returned by now? Or do you think we are okay? We applied 2019 december, and got the OWP just last month. The app for PR says in progress only.

Thanks alot for your help!
Have a good night.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
To get OHIP ged have to have a job offer.

I think its ok for you to employ him?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Team Canada,

Put in spousal sponsorship for husband and it is in progress. Just got his status reversed, and an OPW.
I have my own business, so I am thinking I would like to hire him under the business to be my designer and work with me on the field, but I am unsure if this is allowed.
It would be weird to hire him, as we're married, but I think we would make a great team. Let me know your thoughts.

Also, since his app is in progress, would he be eligible for OHIP yet? Wondering about this, because if you do not have ohip, how scary would it be to work.

Also, if anything was missing from the spousal sponsorship app, do you think it would have been returned by now? Or do you think we are okay? We applied 2019 december, and got the OWP just last month. The app for PR says in progress only.

Have a good night.
If you can see your application in progress and already got the OWP, your application won't be returned. If they need more information, they will request it instead of returning an uncomplete application. I believe you also have an application number.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Team Canada,

Have a good night.
As long as you are paying him a regular salary that is in-line with the level of work he is performing, I don't see an issue.

Application would have been retruned by now it if was incomplete. You are good.