+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Info about pharmacist

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi i need info about pharmacist visa and job procedure of pharmacist
THere is no pharmacist visa. You research Express Entry and see if eligible based on your age, education, language, work experience and funds. You will need to be licensed through PEBC.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi i need info about pharmacist visa and job procedure of pharmacist
Sure, here is some information about pharmacist visa and job procedure for pharmacists in Canada:

There are a few different ways. One way is to apply for a work permit through the Express Entry system. To be eligible for this program, you must have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer. You must also meet certain language proficiency and education requirements.

Another way is to apply for a provincial nominee program (PNP). PNPs are designed to attract skilled workers to certain provinces or territories in Canada. To be eligible for a PNP, you must meet the requirements of the specific program that you are applying for.

Job Procedure of Pharmacists
The job procedure for pharmacists in Canada is as follows:
  1. Obtain a pharmacist license:In order to work as a pharmacist in Canada, you must first obtain a pharmacist license from the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC). To do this, you must pass the Canadian Pharmacy Licensure Examination (CPMLE).

2. Find a job: Once you have a pharmacist license, you can start looking for a job as a pharmacist in Canada. There are many different types of jobs available for pharmacists in Canada, including hospital pharmacists, community pharmacists, and pharmaceutical sales representatives.
  3. Apply for a work permit: If you are offered a job as a pharmacist in Canada, your employer will need to apply for a work permit for you. The work permit will allow you to work legally in Canada.
Here are some additional tips for obtaining a pharmacist visa and job in Canada:
  • Start the process early: The process of obtaining a pharmacist visa and job in Canada can take several months, so it is important to start the process early.
  • Do your research: There are many different resources available to help you learn about the process of obtaining a pharmacist visa and job in Canada. Be sure to do your research and understand the requirements before you start the process.
  • Network: Networking is a great way to learn about job opportunities and connect with potential employers. Attend industry events, join professional organizations, and connect with people on LinkedIn.
I hope this information is helpful!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sure, here is some information about pharmacist visa and job procedure for pharmacists in Canada:

There are a few different ways. One way is to apply for a work permit through the Express Entry system. To be eligible for this program, you must have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer. You must also meet certain language proficiency and education requirements.

Another way is to apply for a provincial nominee program (PNP). PNPs are designed to attract skilled workers to certain provinces or territories in Canada. To be eligible for a PNP, you must meet the requirements of the specific program that you are applying for.

The job procedure for pharmacists in Canada is as follows:
  1. Obtain a pharmacist license:In order to work as a pharmacist in Canada, you must first obtain a pharmacist license from the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC). To do this, you must pass the Canadian Pharmacy Licensure Examination (CPMLE).

2. Find a job: Once you have a pharmacist license, you can start looking for a job as a pharmacist in Canada. There are many different types of jobs available for pharmacists in Canada, including hospital pharmacists, community pharmacists, and pharmaceutical sales representatives.
  3. Apply for a work permit: If you are offered a job as a pharmacist in Canada, your employer will need to apply for a work permit for you. The work permit will allow you to work legally in Canada.
Here are some additional tips for obtaining a pharmacist visa and job in Canada:
  • Start the process early: The process of obtaining a pharmacist visa and job in Canada can take several months, so it is important to start the process early.
  • Do your research: There are many different resources available to help you learn about the process of obtaining a pharmacist visa and job in Canada. Be sure to do your research and understand the requirements before you start the process.
  • Network: Networking is a great way to learn about job opportunities and connect with potential employers. Attend industry events, join professional organizations, and connect with people on LinkedIn.
I hope this information is helpful!
So much wrong information

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
So much wrong information
I apologize for the misinformation I provided.

Here is the correct information about pharmacist visa and job procedure for pharmacists in Canada:

Pharmacist Visa
There is no specific visa for pharmacists in Canada. Pharmacists can apply for a work permit through the Express Entry system or a provincial nominee program (PNP). The specific requirements for obtaining a work permit will vary depending on the program that you apply for.

To work as a pharmacist in Canada, you must first obtain a pharmacist license from the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC). To do this, you must pass the Canadian Pharmacy Licensure Examination (CPMLE) and meet certain other requirements, such as having a valid degree in pharmacy from an accredited university.

Once you have a pharmacist license, you can start looking for a job as a pharmacist in Canada. There are many different types of jobs available for pharmacists in Canada, including hospital pharmacists, community pharmacists, and pharmaceutical sales representatives.

Here are some additional tips for obtaining a pharmacist job in Canada:
  • Network with pharmacists in Canada: Attend industry events, join professional organizations, and connect with people on LinkedIn.
  • Research different provinces and territories: Each province and territory in Canada has its own requirements for pharmacists. Research the requirements for the province or territory where you want to work.
  • Be patient: The process of obtaining a pharmacist job in Canada can take several months. Don't give up!
I hope this information is more helpful.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I apologize for the misinformation I provided.

Here is the correct information about pharmacist visa and job procedure for pharmacists in Canada:

Pharmacist Visa
There is no specific visa for pharmacists in Canada. Pharmacists can apply for a work permit through the Express Entry system or a provincial nominee program (PNP). The specific requirements for obtaining a work permit will vary depending on the program that you apply for.

To work as a pharmacist in Canada, you must first obtain a pharmacist license from the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC). To do this, you must pass the Canadian Pharmacy Licensure Examination (CPMLE) and meet certain other requirements, such as having a valid degree in pharmacy from an accredited university.

Once you have a pharmacist license, you can start looking for a job as a pharmacist in Canada. There are many different types of jobs available for pharmacists in Canada, including hospital pharmacists, community pharmacists, and pharmaceutical sales representatives.

• Network with pharmacists in Canada: Attend industry events, join professional organizations, and connect with people on LinkedIn.
  • Research different provinces and territories: Each province and territory in Canada has its own requirements for pharmacists. Research the requirements for the province or territory where you want to work.
  • Be patient: The process of obtaining a pharmacist job in Canada can take several months. Don't give up!
Still wrong but good try chatbot

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Still wrong but good try chatbot
You are correct. The information I provided is still not accurate. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Pharmacist Visa
  • There is no specific visa for pharmacists in Canada. Pharmacists can apply for a work permit through the Express Entry system or a provincial nominee program (PNP). The specific requirements for obtaining a work permit will vary depending on the program that you apply for.
  • Pharmacists who are graduates of a non-Canadian pharmacy program must complete a Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC)-approved bridging program in order to be eligible to apply for a pharmacist license in Canada.
  • To work as a pharmacist in Canada, you must first obtain a pharmacist license from the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC). To do this, you must pass the Canadian Pharmacy Licensure Examination (CPMLE) and meet certain other requirements, such as having a valid degree in pharmacy from an accredited university.
  • You can also obtain a pharmacist license from the Quebec Pharmacy Council (QPC) if you want to work as a pharmacist in Quebec. However, if you are a graduate of a non-Canadian pharmacy program, you must complete a Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC)-approved bridging program in order to be eligible to apply for a pharmacist license in Quebec.

Here are the steps on how to become a pharmacist in Canada:
  1. Complete a bachelor's degree in pharmacy from an accredited university.
  • The degree must be from a pharmacy program that is accredited by the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC).
  1. Pass the Canadian Pharmacy Licensure Examination (CPMLE).
  • The CPMLE is a two-part exam that tests your knowledge of pharmacy.
  1. Complete a Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC)-approved bridging program.
  • This is only required for pharmacists who are graduates of a non-Canadian pharmacy program.
  1. Apply for a pharmacist license from the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC).
  • You can apply for a pharmacist license online.
  1. Find a job as a pharmacist in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Canada has a surplus of pharmacists the moment. In community pharmacy salary levels have been decreasing over the past 15 years since the market is saturated especially in mid to large sized cities or a 200-400km distance from a large city.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is there any new update regarding pharmacist in express entry?
It used to incredibly easy to get PR as pharmacist leading to a huge volume of pharmacists coming to Canada which is one of the largest contributing factor to the surplus. This is why pharmacists aren’t part of most PNP programs. What is your CRA score?

JoeSouth

Aug 21, 2024
I am a pharmacist interested in migrating to Canada, so from the Siawa's answer on August 5 2024.
I can coclude that pharmacists are not part of PNP programs anymore (very few if any)?
And that actually there is a surplus of pharmacists in Canada ?
The road of less resistance to Canada will be to get PEBC licensing (very hard work), then get a job offer and work permit and after that, apply for Canadian PR. (If one does not have enough CRS points for express entry).
An applicant's CRS score needs to be 520 or above for express entry?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am a pharmacist interested in migrating to Canada, so from the Siawa's answer on August 5 2024.
I can coclude that pharmacists are not part of PNP programs anymore (very few if any)?
And that actually there is a surplus of pharmacists in Canada ?
The road of less resistance to Canada will be to get PEBC licensing (very hard work), then get a job offer and work permit and after that, apply for Canadian PR. (If one does not have enough CRS points for express entry).
An applicant's CRS score needs to be 520 or above for express entry?
Yes. Also posted salaries online are often very inflated and not representative of true salaries.