+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ineligible for Express Entry - Is funds the issue?

TheVape

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi guys,

Here's some information about me below:
  • Did my Bachelor's back home. Assessed by WES and it is valid / equal to 4 years of Bachelor's in Canada.
  • Have a little over 1 year of NOC Level B work experience from back home.
  • Currently in Canada.
  • Studied 1+1 years of post-graduate programs in Canada.
  • 27 years old. Single.
  • Currently working and my title/job description falls under NOC Level B too, BUT I've been only working for 5 months. (Since October, 2020)
I thought that since I've already lost so much time finding a job due to COVID-19, even though I did not accumulate 1 year of Canadian work experience yet, I would still create an Express Entry profile and submit. (Based on my calculation I would get 437-450 points) If anything happens during the time of me being in the pool, I would edit.

However, as soon as I submitted my profile, I received a notification saying that I am not eligible. It provided me a few examples of some common sense in the pdf document.

Here's what I think the problem was, in the submission page, since I have an offer letter and I am currently working, I claimed the settlement of funds as ZERO (0) - I was told this is OK. As far as I know, if you are abroad and want to apply, you need to show the proof of funds. If you have a job offer in Canada and currently working, since you have the money circulation in your bank account all the time, you do not need to show any proof of funds. (Right?)

However, I am not sure if the government needs me to work at least 1 YEAR to be able to apply without showing any proof of funds? Am I confusing the system by saying that I have no funds, I do have a job offer and I am working, BUT it is not 1 year yet?

Since my Canadian job is not 1 year yet, should I not even mention it on my submission? But if that happens, I do not have enough funds at the moment..

Or the reason why my application bounced back would be something else? I really input all the data very carefully, checked with some friends to make sure so I it's difficult to say that I've made a mistake on my answers.

If you think you might have some assumptions on this matter or you need to know exactly how I claimed my stuff in the submission page, please reply to my thread. It would be great to know where the mistake was made so that I can move forward from there.

Would really appreciate the help.

Thank you.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hi guys,

• Did my Bachelor's back home. Assessed by WES and it is valid / equal to 4 years of Bachelor's in Canada.
  • Currently in Canada.
  • 27 years old. Single.
  • Currently working and my title/job description falls under NOC Level B too, BUT I've been only working for 5 months. (Since October, 2020)
I thought that since I've already lost so much time finding a job due to COVID-19, even though I did not accumulate 1 year of Canadian work experience yet, I would still create an Express Entry profile and submit. (Based on my calculation I would get 437-450 points) If anything happens during the time of me being in the pool, I would edit.

However, as soon as I submitted my profile, I received a notification saying that I am not eligible. It provided me a few examples of some common sense in the pdf document.

Here's what I think the problem was, in the submission page, since I have an offer letter and I am currently working, I claimed the settlement of funds as ZERO (0) - I was told this is OK. As far as I know, if you are abroad and want to apply, you need to show the proof of funds. If you have a job offer in Canada and currently working, since you have the money circulation in your bank account all the time, you do not need to show any proof of funds. (Right?)

However, I am not sure if the government needs me to work at least 1 YEAR to be able to apply without showing any proof of funds? Am I confusing the system by saying that I have no funds, I do have a job offer and I am working, BUT it is not 1 year yet?

Since my Canadian job is not 1 year yet, should I not even mention it on my submission? But if that happens, I do not have enough funds at the moment..

Or the reason why my application bounced back would be something else? I really input all the data very carefully, checked with some friends to make sure so I it's difficult to say that I've made a mistake on my answers.

If you think you might have some assumptions on this matter or you need to know exactly how I claimed my stuff in the submission page, please reply to my thread. It would be great to know where the mistake was made so that I can move forward from there.

Thank you.
What is your CLB score?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you are applying under FSW you need the funds. You don’t need funds if you meet eligibility for CEC which you aren’t eligible until you have a year of experience.

Reactions: TheVape

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
It seems you don't meet CEC stream experience requirement
You do not meet FSW stream financial requirement
Conclusion profile ineligible.

Suggestion : try to create a profile using "Start Again" but this time claim you meet financial terms and see what happens. Don't worry about it you can change it anytime later on. Even if you got an ITA you still can reject it if you need to do so.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,

• Currently in Canada.
  • 27 years old. Single.

Thank you.
You aren't eligible under CEC at this time so you need to show proof of funds.

TheVape

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
If you are applying under FSW you need the funds. You don’t need funds if you meet eligibility for CEC which you aren’t eligible until you have a year of experience.
I am applying under Canadian Experience Class. To my understanding I still need to pass 67 points bracket on FSW regardless where I apply? With my credentials that shouldn't have been issue. But the funds would be a problem as you said.

It seems you don't meet CEC stream experience requirement
You do not meet FSW stream financial requirement
Conclusion profile ineligible.

Suggestion : try to create a profile using "Start Again" but this time claim you meet financial terms and see what happens. Don't worry about it you can change it anytime later on. Even if you got an ITA you still can reject it if you need to do so.
Should I create a new GCKey or just a new submission through the same account? Also, are you saying that I claim I have funds, get my points accumulated for CEC, and right after the submission I set my funds to zero? Would it cause any problems? Has anybody tried this way?

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
I am applying under Canadian Experience Class. To my understanding I still need to pass 67 points bracket on FSW regardless where I apply? With my credentials that shouldn't have been issue. But the funds would be a problem as you said.

Should I create a new GCKey or just a new submission through the same account? Also, are you saying that I claim I have funds, get my points accumulated for CEC, and right after the submission I set my funds to zero? Would it cause any problems? Has anybody tried this way?
Yes use same account with a new submission totally fine.

You meet POF to precisely identify the problem so if you become a candidate after POF then the above responses you had are valid.

Once you change POF claim back to zero your account most likely will become ineligible again.

This means you are not eligible for Express Entry unless you gain either more experience or POF.

wishing you all best luck

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

If you don’t have a year of Canadian experience then you aren‘t eligible. So you aren‘t applying under CEC, you are applying under FSW so you need to have the funds.