+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INDIAN VFS EXPERIENCE

chappque

May 7, 2019
Hi all I would like to share my experience in the VFS office, Chennai, india
1. No prior appointment required. We just walked in directly.
2. If only the primary applicant is going to submit the passport, print the consent form their website for each dependent, fill and get them signed. I took only one copy for myself. But they gave me forms to be filled for my dependents. Luckily my wife came along, so she was able to sign it then and there. But if u HV the forms signed before, u can just go alone to submit the passports.
3. I printed the ' submit your passport' email from ircc, and gave it along with the photos and passports.
4. We were given another form to write all the applicants dob, passport no., Height and eye color. I knew my wife's and mine, but randomly filled for the kids. I don't think it's all that important.
45. I Submitted the two Canada visa photos. Many people said that they coax you into using their studio facility saying something is wrong. But the assisting lady said our photos were fine. Just make sure the studio you get it done have a rubber stamp with which you can stay the backside. Alone with it write the dob and the date the picture was taken.
6. They charge around 400+ per person. Pay in cash with exact change if possible. I took the exact change, so no problem.
7. They asked if I would like to get it couriered or would like to Collect in person. Courier may reach you faster. But I was in no hurry and again the cost for delivery is 400+ per passport. So I declined.
8. Also, They offered sms updates, which is charged, and I declined that too. It's useless, because their email update is good enough, and they will provide a tracking no. Using which you can check the progress. I opted for sms when I used their facility earlier, trust me it's a waste.
9. Then a huge receipt like Hanuman tail with details like passport no., Tracking no. Was given.
10. That's it when VFS receives the stamped passports I will get an update in the email. I need to take all the photocopies of passports and photocopy of the recipient when I need to collect them from the VFS office.

Note: the VFS official said our photos were ok. But I dunno about the main Delhi office officials. Since I haven't got back my passports I cannot comment on it. They can still send me a message to provide new photos for all you know. But as of now all seems fine.

Hope this helps people who are going to submit their passports for submission.

divtj

Jun 26, 2018
Thanks a lot for the very useful info!

Couple of questions. Please help!
1. Do we need to submit biometrics as part of this process?
The Ready for Visa email did not have any request for biometrics and my CIC account also says 'We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.'
2. I am confused with the consent form having two sections 'Applicants wishing to provide biometrics' and 'Applicants NOT wishing to provide biometrics'. Which option do we have to opt for?

chappque

May 7, 2019
If u had submitted before Jan 2019 u don't need biometrics. Consent form is for VFS I don't think it's got anything to do with cic. However ask the people Workin there, just to be sure

Oct 27, 2019
Hi all I would like to share my experience in the VFS office, Chennai, india
1. No prior appointment required. We just walked in directly.
2. If only the primary applicant is going to submit the passport, print the consent form their website for each dependent, fill and get them signed. I took only one copy for myself. But they gave me forms to be filled for my dependents. Luckily my wife came along, so she was able to sign it then and there. But if u HV the forms signed before, u can just go alone to submit the passports.
3. I printed the ' submit your passport' email from ircc, and gave it along with the photos and passports.
4. We were given another form to write all the applicants dob, passport no., Height and eye color. I knew my wife's and mine, but randomly filled for the kids. I don't think it's all that important.
45. I Submitted the two Canada visa photos. Many people said that they coax you into using their studio facility saying something is wrong. But the assisting lady said our photos were fine. Just make sure the studio you get it done have a rubber stamp with which you can stay the backside. Alone with it write the dob and the date the picture was taken.
6. They charge around 400+ per person. Pay in cash with exact change if possible. I took the exact change, so no problem.
7. They asked if I would like to get it couriered or would like to Collect in person. Courier may reach you faster. But I was in no hurry and again the cost for delivery is 400+ per passport. So I declined.
8. Also, They offered sms updates, which is charged, and I declined that too. It's useless, because their email update is good enough, and they will provide a tracking no. Using which you can check the progress. I opted for sms when I used their facility earlier, trust me it's a waste.
9. Then a huge receipt like Hanuman tail with details like passport no., Tracking no. Was given.
10. That's it when VFS receives the stamped passports I will get an update in the email. I need to take all the photocopies of passports and photocopy of the recipient when I need to collect them from the VFS office.

Note: the VFS official said our photos were ok. But I dunno about the main Delhi office officials. Since I haven't got back my passports I cannot comment on it. They can still send me a message to provide new photos for all you know. But as of now all seems fine.

Hope this helps people who are going to submit their passports for submission.

Hi chappque!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I hope that you have received your visa and are now on the track to becoming a PR in Canada. I have a question regarding the VFS Chennai experience. Does the VFS have their own secure envelope to send the passports to the High Commission of Canada in Delhi or do we need to provide them an envelope?

thanks in advance for the guidance!

regards,
Ranjit