+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC

jibinsj

Feb 27, 2023
Hi, I had applied for a PCC from Canada through BLS 1 year back. I read that a PCC is valid for 6 months only. I haven't made a visit to India in the past 3 years. Can I still use the same PCC for applying for PR or should I get a new one. Thank you!

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi, I had applied for a PCC from Canada through BLS 1 year back. I read that a PCC is valid for 6 months only. I haven't made a visit to India in the past 3 years. Can I still use the same PCC for applying for PR or should I get a new one. Thank you!
Yes it is for 6 months. You can try applying with it but its a lot of chance for a new one. The best thing is to start the process when you submit your application so that when you get request it will be there or almost there as you will get only 60 days to submit it. If you cam apply for a new one before hand and apply for the application afterwards.

Reactions: jibinsj

jibinsj

Feb 27, 2023
Yes it is for 6 months. You can try applying with it but its a lot of chance for a new one. The best thing is to start the process when you submit your application so that when you get request it will be there or almost there as you will get only 60 days to submit it. If you cam apply for a new one before hand and apply for the application afterwards.
Thanks for the information Taran!

Deepanshu96

Jul 20, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
04-05-2021
AOR Received.
28-06-2021
Med's Done....
27-05-2021
Well actually if you haven’t been to India since you got your PCC, then it is still valid.
I applied for my PR with 14 months old PCC. Didn’t get into any issue. Received my PR.

Reactions: jibinsj and vkamath

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
I applied with my PCC(Originally for Canada Work Permit) which is expired from SFO US Consulate and it worked fine. As long as you have not travelled back that works

Reactions: jibinsj